Author Topic: HARGREAVES & CRUMP Burials - MOLD  (Read 5605 times)

Offline hawkeye_1967

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: HARGREAVES & CRUMP Burials - MOLD
« Reply #9 on: Monday 08 May 06 21:19 BST (UK) »
Hi Debbie,
My great-grandad, George Bain, was adopted by Elizabeth Ames (nee Jones, nee Williams), who was born in Bodfari, and her husband Joseph Ames who was born in Flint. Geroge lived with them in Flint from at least age 4 (1881) until he left to be a footballer in Lancashire at some point before 1901, when he is on the census in St. Helens, lodging with another family from Flint called Roberts.
This lady, Elizabeth Ames, lived until she was 85 (died in 1906) so I am hoping that the trail in Flint has not yet gone cold. I have her death certificate, and her death was reported by her grandson, Robert Jones of Halkin Road, Coleshill Fawr. She was 56 when she adopted my greatgrandad. I think that he was 'born out of wedlock' and adopted by Elizabeth Ames.
Do any of there names ring any bells? Please!
Lisa Hawkins.

Offline debbie b

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 09 May 06 21:00 BST (UK) »
Hi Lisa,

- It's a fairly new line to me this one....I was trying to fill in blanks (or black holes !) on my "hargreaves" line and William Dewhurst Hargreaves was the one who went to Wales hence my search...

I've been totally sidetracked this last couple of weeks with a US puzzle that's kept me busy but I must admit that AMES isn't a name I've even begun yet - I'm sorry... I knew there was a connection and thanks to Paul, he gave me
loads of info to look into...

As soon as start piecing it together, I'll let you know what I have. At the moment all I have is the info on this post.

I've printed out your message and put it with the Hargreaves file so I'll let you know what I have asap.

Sorry I can't be of any more help at the moment.

Regards Debbie
DEWHURST Yorks. TYMMS/TYMNS Lancs/Cheshire. HARGREAVES Yorks. MCGARRY Ireland/Lancs. LARKIN Ireland/Cheshire. STRINGER Yorks. BAMBER Lancs. LYON Lancs. STACEY Yorks. CROASDALE Yorks.

Offline hawkeye_1967

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 09 May 06 21:29 BST (UK) »
Debbie,
that's no problem, thanks for taking the time to reply.
No rush, take all the time you need to get a handle on the info you have.
I am also new to this, and learning fast that you can't assume that people on censuses are correctly listed...
Bye for now.
Lisa.

Offline Peter204

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 10 February 13 23:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi Debbie,

I know that this is a rather old post that I am replying to, but William Beriah Crump was my great great grandfather, so I may have info that is useful to you or vice versa.  You also refer to Hargreaves Crump, who was my Grandfather.  I had some difficulty finding him in the 1911 census until I discovered that his surname had been mis-transcribed as "Crwmya"!!  Annie Crump had by that time re-married and was called Annie Roberts (my Grandfather also adopted the name Roberts).

I have been doing some tracing of my partner's family who came from Wednesbury and we are going to go and look through the records over there whilst she's off work over half term.  William Beriah Crump and his family also came from that area so I'm going to see what I can find on them while we're there.  Let me know if you're interested in the Crumps and I'll keep you posted if I find anything interesting.

Regards, Peter

Offline wilcoxon

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barry Sheene 1950-2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 11 February 13 12:34 GMT (UK) »
Edward Hargreaves aged 39 died at  Black Brook, Mold on 5th October 1892.
Census information is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)