Author Topic: Pegg Family, Notts and Derby  (Read 29526 times)

Offline mpeg

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Pegg Family, Notts and Derby
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 07 June 11 08:44 BST (UK) »
Hi
Peggasus and Yeldersley. I have traced my family to  a Thomas Pegg who lived at Fieldhouse Farm in  Waterfall, Staffordshire in 1792, if you have any info re connections or families who resided in the same area I would be very grateful. Thomas Pegg married Sarah Milward at Tissington in 1778,

Offline aileen99

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 26 June 11 19:38 BST (UK) »
hello
new to this forum, trying to make contact with other PEGG researchers, I have family back to Thomasd Yeldersley, but have also found PEGG in Loughborough 1300's
please feel free to write to me
Aileen

Offline Stewty

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 04 January 12 15:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi Yeldersley,
I have seen the message about your Pegge line going back to Catherine and her connection to Charles II, and also the mention of your auntie at Clifton.
If you've proved your line back as far as Catherine then you go back to 1508 via the official Pegge pedigree.  It would be good to have a chat with you but I'm not sure how this can be arranged - I've only just joined.
Regards,
Stewty

Offline peggasus

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 20 November 12 09:17 GMT (UK) »
certainly can I'll PM you with details

Offline peggasus

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 20 November 12 09:32 GMT (UK) »
Pegg families, not just Notts and Derby. We're curently undertaking a dna project looking atthe Peggs and hae come up with some interesting results. With dna we have linked branches of the Peggs from Cambridgeshire, Norfolk, London, Leicestershire, Manchester and the US. If you want to get involved or learn more feel free to send me a message,

Offline hannahlee

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 13 December 13 13:34 GMT (UK) »
hi yes i would be interested in the info my direction is frances pegg 1789 all staints lescitershire she married john ward and they had then my gt gt gt gt grandmother hepzibah ward who married thomas austin

frances or fannys father and mother where john and mary pegg i have nothing else on the family at all i don't even know there parents names or her maiden name or if they had brothers and sisters either many thanks
hannah
SCOBEL,SCOBELL,SCOBALL MILLER,AUSTIN, WARD,

JARVIS, HEADIN, WILSON, COCKBURN, THURLEY

MOODIE, MOODY, WARDLAW, DRYELLY, WILSON, BROUN, DRYELIE, HUNTER, DONALD, CORKRAN, STEPHENSON, WILKLE, WALKER, MASON,  MARTIN, SCOT

LUSTY, PIKE, PAYNE, THORNTON, KILBOURN, TOWN, BROWNHEAD, FULLER, INCH, DALBY, KENNARD, KITCHENER, RAE, LAWS, PENNY, WADDELL, SIMPSON, PERCRIAUX, ARMITAGE, BRICKLAND

BENNETT, MASON, ROBERTS, STEPHSON, MITCHELL,OWEN, HARROP, NORTON, HODGSON, HARRINGTON, ALLEN, FAIRBURN,HIRST, ROMA

Offline Trees

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Can't see the wood for the !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 13 April 15 14:23 BST (UK) »
I realise this is an old thread but wonder if anyone has information on Judith Pegg born about 1783 who married  Joshuah Smith in 1805?
I have them on the 1841 census and believe she died in 1844. I can find two baptisms one 1785 St Werburgh Derby daughter of Francis and  Milicent the other baptised 1783 daughter of Samuel and Elizabeth in Ashbourne.
Joshuah and Judith married in St Peter's Derby so at first glance the 1785 Judith fits BUT her death suggests the birth in 1783 is nearer and she had an Elizabeth and Samuel but no Francis or Milicent.
Several trees on An..ry have Francis/Milicent's daughter dying well before 1844.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

For details of my research interests please see
mcmullin.me.uk
Also read the children a story from Story Time at the same web site.

Offline margee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 23 February 17 23:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi Yeldersley--I've just joined the rootschat site and found your message re your Grandfather Arthur James Pegge--he is my 3rd cousin, and I am also part of a small group of Derbyshire Pegges who have dna taking us back to 220BC, a fairly large (!!) gap and then 'our ' John Pegge, born about 1480 , but listed as 1508 ( when he was a witness to a deed, so had to be over 21) jOHN is my 12th great Grandfather.
I'd love to share my comprehensive Pegge/Cooper tree with you, but don't know how via Rootsweb ? regards, Mags Smith

Offline CherylMcKeegan

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Saturday 14 July 18 00:04 BST (UK) »
Google has just brought me to this post whilst I was researching my family tree. Mine is still in its infancy however my great grandad's sister Frances Eleanor Parrott, a teacher from Liverpool married John Pegge when he was 26 and she was 29 (quite late for a woman of those times). John's address was showing as Hollies Farm, Clifton, Ashborne, Derbyshire in the 1911 census and I thought google would show me this property which appears to have now been converted into a garden centre. I still have a lot of research to do so any assistance by relatives of John Pegge who could give me a steer would be greatly apricated. :)