Author Topic: Gleave Ancestors emigrated to Quebec  (Read 3752 times)

Offline aitnax

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Gleave Ancestors emigrated to Quebec
« on: Monday 24 April 06 00:22 BST (UK) »
Hi I Have Gleave ancestors John George and sarah ann Gleave all born bolton Lancashire John Gleave was supposed to have something to do with the Canadian pacific Railway and and disapeared somewher in canada where can I obtain info on on Canadian pacific railway employees or Managaers any help appreciated
Fisk  Woodton, Ellingham ,Kirby Cane,Lowestoft  Stockton On Tees Co Durham Hartlepool Co Durham<br />Crossley Failsworth <br /> Holden/Holdam Cleckheaton West Yorks /Read Hartlepool Durham Gorleston Norfolk<br />Daniels Cleckheaton yks<br />Thompson Sunderland Ollerton Lancashire <br />Barnes Sunderland<br /><br />All Census Lookups Are Crown Copywright from<br />www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
http://www2.tribalpages.com/tribe/browse?userid=xantia550t&x=15&y=7&rand=517892893

Offline KarenM

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Grandpa Stanley has the hanky in his pocket
    • View Profile
Re: Gleave Ancestors emigrated to Quebec
« Reply #1 on: Monday 24 April 06 00:27 BST (UK) »
Hi Aitnax,

My gr-grandfather worked for the railroad as well and I tried to get information from them, and this is what they sent me.....

Please be advised that employment records are not held in the Archives department. These records are in the custody of Pension Services who have informed us that due to the restrictions imposed by the "Privacy Act" they no longer service requests.

We regret any inconvenience this may cause you and are sorry that we cannot assist you in your search for this information

Karen
Gandley (but known as Stanley in Canada)- Ireland to Birmingham<br />Ball, Kempson & Franklin - Birmingham<br />Shorter - Surrey<br />Dyer - Devon<br />Dawkins - Co. Cork, Ireland<br />Heffernan - Ireland
Huck - Alsace, France
Reinhart - Baden, Germany
Bowman & Ellis - England
Etheridge - Gloucestershire

Who all came to Canada in a little row boat, clap clap, clap your hands!!