Author Topic: Keefes from Ballyhooly  (Read 12081 times)

Offline Pearl E

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Keefes from Ballyhooly
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 20 October 13 16:24 BST (UK) »
Hello
  I don't know if I'm doing this right. But I came across this site and someone mentioned, Timothy Keefe from Ballyhooly, who later died in bedwellty, I'm sure if I can help anyone or vise versa, but I am a direct descendant of Timothy. He was my 3 rd great grandfather and I have done a lot of the welsh family
Pearl E

Offline Amy M

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 21 October 13 05:55 BST (UK) »
I think your Timothy would actually be the one that poster Patrick Keefe referred to, as he also mentioned Bedwellty, and it seems that one is a bit younger than the one I have, but just in case. . .

I have a Timothy Keeffe baptized in 1857 in Ballyhooly, son of my ancestors Arthur and Margaret (Harrington).  This is probably a bit of a long shot, since there was a death of a 10 yr. old Timothy dying in the area in 1867 which I suspect was him.

I also suspect that Timothy's grandfather was named Timothy Keeffe.

I'm just trying to determine what happened to Arthur and Margaret's children, as I've only been able to trace 3 of their sons that went to the USA.
CAMPBELL (Balleghan), DOUGLAS(S) (Carrowhugh) - Lower Moville, Co. Donegal
HUSBAND(S) (Sneem), SULLIVAN (Kenmare) - Kenmare, Co. Kerry
KEARNEY (Kilmurry/Castleisland), O'CONNOR (Shanaknock/Ballymacelligott) - Tralee, Co. Kerry
KEEFFE (Ballyhooly), HARRINGTON (Rathnadarrahy), DILLON - Castletownroche, Co. Cork
Note: My Irish ancestors ended up in Boston, Massachusetts area of U.S. between 1880 & 1905.

Offline Pearl E

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 21 October 13 12:51 BST (UK) »
my 3rd great grandfather was Timothy Keeffe, born in ballyooley in 1807, married Mary Callaghan?. I found them in Kensington Middlesex on 1851 census with 4 children. their children were. John 1833. Hannah 1836. Ellen 1840 and Patrick 1842 all born in ballyooley. Ellen I found later in Bedwellty, she was my 2nd great grandmother and went on to marry John Delaney in 1862

Offline Amy M

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 22 October 13 06:00 BST (UK) »
My Keeffes were still in Ballyhooly at least through the 1880s.  I assume we are probably very distant cousins, as both our Keeffes came from Ballyhooly and they seem to have the same given names, but unfortunately I can't figure out the connection. ???
KEARNEY (Kilmurry/Castleisland), O'CONNOR (Shanaknock/Ballymacelligott) - Tralee, Co. Kerry
KEEFFE (Ballyhooly), HARRINGTON (Rathnadarrahy), DILLON - Castletownroche, Co. Cork
Note: My Irish ancestors ended up in Boston, Massachusetts area of U.S. between 1880 & 1905.

Offline Pearl E

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 22 October 13 10:01 BST (UK) »
Thank you for answering, sorry I wasn't of any help. But as you say we might be distantly related so Hello cousin
Pearl E

Offline Sligo1947

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 16 June 14 15:09 BST (UK) »
Hi ,
I have relations from Ballyhooly related to o keefe's
can you contact me

Patrick
(*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline Amy M

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 17 June 14 05:35 BST (UK) »
Okay, they won't let you post your e-mail address on the boards, & apparently you need to post 2 more messages before I can contact you through the personal message system.

Let's try this. . . I have webpages on RootsWeb (which I've barely worked on, but I suppose that is beside the point).  My e-mail address is posted on the bottom.  See http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~amich/index.htm 

Offline Patrick Keefe

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 19 March 18 22:30 GMT (UK) »
FAO Pearl E - my sincere apologies Pearl, your message has only just been brought to my attention. Can you please private message me at (*) ? I would love to learn more about your Timothy... Thanks, Pat

Offline Patrick Keefe

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 19 March 18 22:33 GMT (UK) »
FAO Pearl E - my sincere apologies Pearl, your message has only just been brought to my attention. Can you please private message me at (*) ? I would love to learn more about your Timothy... Thanks, Pat

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php