Author Topic: McCready- town information needed  (Read 2504 times)

Offline mccreadynz

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
McCready- town information needed
« on: Wednesday 26 April 06 06:01 BST (UK) »
Hi there,
I am doing research on my McCready side of my family and need help.  I am based in New Zealand and have found it hard to do research on/in Ireland when you ain't there and have no idea about the country.  I have information that my family is from Armagh.  The towns Ballyheridan and Tullygarvie (Tirgarvie) have appeared in my research and I just want to know where they are and how big are they and general information about them.  Also if anyone would be able to help me in regards to getting cemetery details of Grange.

email address removed to stop spam

Offline t_creaney

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: McCready- town information needed
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 27 April 06 21:23 BST (UK) »
I will have to leave the finer details of your townlands to those with more local knowledge. But Ballyheridan is in parish of Lisnadill which lies directly to the south of Armagh City. I am not aware of Tullygarvie in Co Armagh, but there is a Tullygarvy townland in Co Cavan. If you search for either on the net you should come up with useful data. See here http://www.bygonesandbyways.com/folders/townlands/ballyheridan.htm

You mention Grange, do you mean Grange parish? This lies to the north of Armagh city. The church (St Aidan’s Parish Church. Grange) is only open every 2 weeks nowadays and is the responsibility of Loughgall, the address of the Rectory is 2 Main Street, Loughgall, Co Armagh. I have searched the parish records at PRONI in Belfast on a couple of occassions for BMDs & I think they are available from the Latterday Church in your country.

Not a lot to go on but I hope it helps a bit.

terry
Creaney, Craney (Co Armagh)  Moffett (Cookstown & Larne) McCurdy (Co Antrim) Hind (Cumberland & Durham) Simpson (Co Tyrone) Steenson (Carnlough, Co Antrim) Irwin (Cumberland / Scottish Borders)