Author Topic: West in NZ not much info  (Read 1863 times)

nooshie

West in NZ not much info
« on: Saturday 16 October 04 15:10 BST (UK) »
 My dad  William West had an uncle in New Zealand who died in the early 1950's (he was a sheep farmer I believe).  His surname was West and he would have hailed from Somerset but that is the only information I have.   He would probably have emigrated in the early 1900's.  Not much to go on I'm afriad - his christian name may have been Clifford or Arthur.  Many thanks.:)

Offline addie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: West in NZ not much info
« Reply #1 on: Monday 04 April 05 07:13 BST (UK) »
A Tom Arthur WEST,  Farmer died on 13 November, 1951 age 74 buried in the TeAwamutu cemetery. Also a WEST Lucy Mildred died 8 August 1970, age 82 Both of Ohaupo Rd, Te Awamutu.  ???

Offline addie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 05 April 05 22:34 BST (UK) »
meant to sat that  Tom Arthur WEST was a farmer. He married Lucy Mildred WOOD in 1913. Hope thats a help.

Offline bridgetwest

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 14 April 05 04:13 BST (UK) »
The fellow who died in New Zealand passed away in the late fourties/early fifties leaving quite a substantial estate that was divided among  the relatives in England and Canada.  Although it was John and James West sister Mary Ann West who travelled to N.Z. and married there to a Mr. William Eggington.  Their son was John West Eggington who died without issue.  I have a letter from the lawyer outlining some of the descendants who inherited a cash amount from his estate.