Author Topic: FOULIS in Wemyss, Dysart and Scoonie Area  (Read 2353 times)

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
FOULIS in Wemyss, Dysart and Scoonie Area
« on: Tuesday 02 May 06 23:31 BST (UK) »
If someone could possibly take a look at the Wemyss Registers for me I would be very grateful.  Unfortunately the LDS only has baptisms and marriages but not burials.  There are three entries I am particularly interested in:

Marriage
2 Jan 1793 Alexander Foulis and Margaret Russel

Baptisms
22 Dec 1793 Alexander Foulis - Alexander and Margaret (Russel)
1 Aug 1795 Mary Foulis - Alexander and Margaret (Russel)

I'm particularly interested in any additional information that might exist in the original entry but appreciate there may not be any.

I don't know how large the parish was at that time but if anyone could take a look at burials between Dec 1793 (when Alexander was born) and June 1797 for any Foulis/Fowles burials I would be grateful.  I have a possible Alexander who may be the one baptised in 1793 so if he died during that timescale we would know it's not the correct one.

Alexander and Margaret appear to have disappeared over the border into England after Mary's baptism in 1795 (or they both died in quick succession as I've found no marriages that tie in with either).  However, there is a baptism in June 1797 in England that could be another child to them, so I'm trying to eliminate any burials in Wemyss to start with.

Any help appreciated, I live in Birmingham so trips to Fife to see the registers are a bit difficult ..

Thanks

Nicola
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day