Author Topic: Parish record - Kilaveney  (Read 36464 times)

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Parish record - Kilaveney
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 09 June 10 14:34 BST (UK) »
The townland of Kilpoole Lower is in the Civil Parish of Kilpoole and the RC parish of Wicklow town. (the 1901 Kilty family are RC..)

see the Irish Times website for details of Catholic records for this parish records  : Wicklow RC Parish  The full records are available on Microfilm in the National Library.

The Irish Family History Foundation website (mentioned above) has transcripts of baptisms for Co. Wicklow, and there are a small number of Kilty records (9) that show up on their index, most of these are after 1830.

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline Glencoe

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 09 June 10 16:13 BST (UK) »
Thanks Shanew,
I followed your link, unfortunately the center I need to contact is now closed, but the info said to contact The National Library which I will do.
Just a daft thought, perhaps, do you know if there were any passenger lists coming over from Ireland to Scotland late 1700's, now, how desperate do I sound?

Slainte

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 09 June 10 16:21 BST (UK) »
Thanks Shanew,
I followed your link, unfortunately the center I need to contact is now closed, but the info said to contact The National Library which I will do.
Just a daft thought, perhaps, do you know if there were any passenger lists coming over from Ireland to Scotland late 1700's, now, how desperate do I sound?

Slainte

all part of the UK at that stage... so no passenger lists

It is a pay-website but the IFHF mentioned above (www.irish-roots.ie) has many RC baptisms for Wicklow parish. The Wicklow Family History Centre mentioned on the Times website is part of the IFHF.

p.s. you have to visit the National Library to see the microfilms - they do not do research for you

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline Glencoe

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 09 June 10 17:23 BST (UK) »
Thanks Shane,

I'll follow up on this link and let you know how things go

Linda

Offline wexfordgirl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 18 June 10 00:25 BST (UK) »
Hi Folks,

I have a lead to my Kilty ancestors in County Wicklow, I wondered if anyone had any luck with searching the records or Gravestone inscriptions, if so how do I go about finding information on any of this.

As the 1901 census is now available for Ireland, this info I received has been confirmed on this census, as follows:  John Kilty, Bridget, Wife, Children are: Thomas, John, Catherine, Edward, James, Charles, Jane, Hugh, Andrew.

Townland:Kilpoole Lower / Poor Law union: Rathdrum / Barony: Arklow / District: Wicklow Lower

Some members of the Kilty family came to Wigtownshire Scotland around 1790, first marriage in Scotland that I can find for my ancestors is in 1802 Stoneykirk Wigtownshire.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Hi Glencoe, i have alot of information on the Kilty family that you are inquiring about, starting with John and Bridgets Marriage.
My Family also started in Wicklow (Kilty) but i so far have not been able to connect both families to-gather yet.
Betty.

Offline Glencoe

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 18 June 10 07:48 BST (UK) »
Hi Betty,

Just got your message, I have contacted the Heritage Center there, the woman I am dealing with is on a two week break right now, but has promised to get back to me when she returns, and is going to look as far back as she can for me on the family.
I have all the B.M.D.'s and census returns for the family when some of them settled in the UK, and in particular Scotland, some of them were in the fishing industry and traveled between Scotland and Ireland.  Most of them were in farming, right up to the late 1800's, the first marriage certificate for the Kilty's here is 1802. 
Please keep in touch, between us we may just mange to sort this out without resorting to handing over our credit card details!

Slainte

Linda

Offline wexfordgirl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 19 June 10 00:19 BST (UK) »
Hi Folks,

I have a lead to my Kilty ancestors in County Wicklow, I wondered if anyone had any luck with searching the records or Gravestone inscriptions, if so how do I go about finding information on any of this.

As the 1901 census is now available for Ireland, this info I received has been confirmed on this census, as follows:  John Kilty, Bridget, Wife, Children are: Thomas, John, Catherine, Edward, James, Charles, Jane, Hugh, Andrew.

Townland:Kilpoole Lower / Poor Law union: Rathdrum / Barony: Arklow / District: Wicklow Lower

Some members of the Kilty family came to Wigtownshire Scotland around 1790, first marriage in Scotland that I can find for my ancestors is in 1802 Stoneykirk Wigtownshire.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Hi Glencoe, i have alot of information on the Kilty family that you are inquiring about, starting with John and Bridgets Marriage.
My Family also started in Wicklow (Kilty) but i so far have not been able to connect both families to-gather yet.
Betty.
Some of the kilty names on the site are mine.There was another child called Charles too, but i assume that he died in infancy as the Charles on the Cenci is five years younger than the first, even though i cannot find a death for him. John  Kilty married Bridget Ellis.Son Thomas went to England and married there.Two of  his sons died in the war, and a daughter (Jean a nurse) died young also.Charles went right down through the family. Andrew died aged 18 years. There is also a Peter whose daughter married a William Death (Deth)one of her daughters married a O,Neill.
My GGGrandfather was James, his sons family are on the Wexford census, Joshua went down through ours.
Betty.

Offline Glencoe

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 20 June 10 19:18 BST (UK) »
Hi Betty,
My Great G Grandfather is also James Kilty, but from Wigtownshire Scotland, do you know the names of the father and mother of John Kilty? Did they put this info on the marriage cert?
My g-g-g-grandfather was Barnard Kilty, and he too married an O'Neil (Sarah) apart from one of his sons, the rest have the usual names for the Kilty boys, therefore these names run all through the family. These were also the names of his brother's.
Linda 

Offline wexfordgirl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 24 June 10 04:33 BST (UK) »
Hi,
My gggrandfather was James and he married Margaret Chasem but at the moment i do not have his marraige cert.
A few names that i got from the pay-per-view site were Ann, Mary and Joshua(down on Baptismal cert as) Jonus.
Names that go through the family are Mary,Margaret,  Ann, Elizabeth, John, James, Michael, Edward, Catherine, they lived at one stage in Loggan, Carnew and Pallas.
Catherine had a baby girl called Sarah, but at the time she was not married.
The other family of Kiltys Johns fathers name was Thomas.
Ireland had the same name pattern as Scotland up til the 1960s
One of my sisters said that we came from Scotland another one said France originally.
There is another Kilty family on the 1901 and 1911 cenci, the name on the cenci is spelt Kealty but gradually changes to Kilty as the family grows.
I have one of the family from the pay-per-view site Father Laurence, son James born in 1860 with a note saying not sure of the surname spelling, It is down on Baptismal cert as Kiltey, born in Ashford county Wicklow.
Betty,