Author Topic: Mary Ann MILLS born 6 July 1817 Clones Co.Monaghan  (Read 5822 times)

Offline allycat

• RootsChat Veteran
  • The Cantwell Knights of Strongbow 1170
    • View Profile
Mary Ann MILLS born 6 July 1817 Clones Co.Monaghan
« on: Friday 05 May 06 06:02 BST (UK) »
Dear RootsChatters, Hi.  How do I go about finding any sort of record for Mary Ann MILLS who was born 6/7/1817 at Clones to parents: James MILLS and Sarah MCCAVEL?  N.B. Her parents names were provided to my family by another genealogist and as yet I don't have confirmation that this is the case.  No siblings known either.

Additional info: Mary Ann MILLS married Robert HAYES born 25/2/1818 English Parish Armagh Co.Cork.  They both must have emigrated to Australia C1842 and settled in the Colony of New South Wales, Maitland area as they had 5 children.

Q.Is there any links to emigration websites/shipping lists from Ireland to Australia?

They were my ggg grandparents.  Thank you.

Regards, Allycat downunder.
Abrams, Amor, Attwood, Bancroft, Bragier, Brennan, Bryant, Buchan, Cantwell, Cruse, Commins, Cullum, Debus, Denner, Dinner, DuCroix, Flanze, Gilkes, Greaves, Guthiel, Hansford, Hayes, Hokaanga, Homewood, Hoy, Inns, Jahn, King, Knee, Marriner, May, McCarron, McCavel, McCrohon, McFarlane, Merry, Milne, Montgomery, Most, Mott, Orth, Parker, Pine, Roads, Rueping, Sear, Siegner, Stanaway, Voss, Weber, Wheeler, Whitehall, Woodcock

Offline florian

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Ann MILLS born 6 July 1817 Clones Co.Monaghan
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 28 December 06 11:06 GMT (UK) »
this may be a long shot, but my ancestor is mary ann mills bn 7/6/1817 in ireland to james mills. but i have her married to a webster, and immigration to aust as 1851.   my info is from vague sources, so it may not be useful to you. pls reply if you think there is something worth looking into.
jan

Offline allycat

• RootsChat Veteran
  • The Cantwell Knights of Strongbow 1170
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Ann MILLS born 6 July 1817 Clones Co.Monaghan
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 28 December 06 19:56 GMT (UK) »
Dear Jan, Hi there.  Firstly, welcome to RootsChat!  Very interesting indeed your information on your ancestor Mary Ann MILLS.  It is quite possible that we have the same lady.  8) Exact birth date may not be correct as was provided to me by another researcher.  And she may have married twice - your WEBSTER and my HAYES.  She was 25yrs old when her first child was born and they mostly married quite young.

If you turn up more information at a future date, I can be contacted at http://www.familytreecircles.com I'm on there as 'allycat' and I have my family tree posted at http://www.GenesReunited.com.au.  Just search for Mary Ann MILLS born 1817 Ireland with tree owner 'Alison'

Kind regards,
Alison from sunny Queensland, Australia.
Abrams, Amor, Attwood, Bancroft, Bragier, Brennan, Bryant, Buchan, Cantwell, Cruse, Commins, Cullum, Debus, Denner, Dinner, DuCroix, Flanze, Gilkes, Greaves, Guthiel, Hansford, Hayes, Hokaanga, Homewood, Hoy, Inns, Jahn, King, Knee, Marriner, May, McCarron, McCavel, McCrohon, McFarlane, Merry, Milne, Montgomery, Most, Mott, Orth, Parker, Pine, Roads, Rueping, Sear, Siegner, Stanaway, Voss, Weber, Wheeler, Whitehall, Woodcock