Author Topic: Blocked Cookies  (Read 70853 times)

Offline AngelaR

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Blocked Cookies
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 17 January 06 17:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi Falkyrn

Sorry about the delay in replying - had to go out  ::)

The Firefox version I'm using appears to be 1.0.7 - I only downloaded it 2 or 3 months ago - should I be on another version?

This is what I have for cookies and cache -

Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Especially looking for - Sealey, Rogers, Cannings, Box, Sheppard in Wiltshire; Virgin, Slade, Abbott, Saint, Harper, Silverthorn in Somerset; and Virgin, Tarr, Beer in Devon

And most especially the origins of William Cannings,  a Baptist, born abt 1791 in Broughton Gifford, Wiltshire

Offline AngelaR

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 17 January 06 17:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi Falkyrn

Sorry about the big spaces - forgot to crop the image....

Also forgot to say I'm running this particular machine behind a hardware firewall.  I can't really see that this would affect Firefox more than IE?

Thanks for your input - I really appreciate this  :)

Angela
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Especially looking for - Sealey, Rogers, Cannings, Box, Sheppard in Wiltshire; Virgin, Slade, Abbott, Saint, Harper, Silverthorn in Somerset; and Virgin, Tarr, Beer in Devon

And most especially the origins of William Cannings,  a Baptist, born abt 1791 in Broughton Gifford, Wiltshire

Offline AngelaR

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 17 January 06 17:38 GMT (UK) »
Just for info,

RootsChat logged me out while I was still on line sometime in the past half hour and I've had to go through the process again (delete the cookie, start up IE, log in Rootschat, close IE, open up firefox and I'm back)   ::)

This is driving me nuts.....

Angela

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 17 January 06 18:13 GMT (UK) »
Angela,

Perhaps if you try this link, and let us know if you see the rootschatcom cookie or not:

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/cookie.php

(Don't post the actual information that you see though as somebody else could login as you)

Trystan
Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.

Offline AngelaR

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 17 January 06 20:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi Trystan,

Sorry about the delay - I was doing the bathroom tiling. Left myself logged on though and was still logged on when I came back.

I tried the link and have appear to have both entries as per the example.....

Curiouser and curiouser....

.... Its not that I'm paranoid or anything but....
..............Does someone in RootsChat not like me?

(Only joking!)

Angela

Offline RJ_Paton

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Cuimhnichibh air na daoine bho'n d'thainig sibh
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 17 January 06 21:14 GMT (UK) »
Try updating Firefox ... the latest version is 1.5 .... the screen shots were from that version.

Offline AngelaR

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 17 January 06 21:42 GMT (UK) »
Right!

Now I'm on Firefox 1.5 but the options look just the same as they did before, except that they're on tabs instead of a list.

I think the pretty screens you had, Falkyrn, must just be for XP. Anyway, I'm just waiting for my session to disappear again and it could take anything from a few hours to a few weeks judging by recent experience.

Ho hum.....

I wish I understood this....

Angela

Offline RJ_Paton

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Cuimhnichibh air na daoine bho'n d'thainig sibh
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 17 January 06 21:45 GMT (UK) »
I think the pretty screens you had, Falkyrn, must just be for XP

Possibly or possibly the interface theme I added from the downloads .... much better looking than the standard one.

It's strange that IE is picking up the cookie but not firefox .. please keep us updated.

Offline AngelaR

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 17 January 06 21:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi Falkyrn

That's what puzzles me too - I much prefer Firefox to IE and it's worked really well everywhere. This is the only problem I've found and it doesn't make sense at all.....

If you can cope with the tediousness of all this (my goodness, you are patient  ::) ) I will definitely keep you posted.

I have a feeling this problem is awfully like watching paint dry.....

Thanks so much for not leaving me alone with it!

Angela