Author Topic: Decendants of William Walton  (Read 5340 times)

Offline Darrell S. Nixon

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Decendants of William Walton
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 16 September 18 07:05 BST (UK) »
I am the only son of Laurence Walton who was William's 4th child born 31st March 1906, just a few months before William's untimely death.  When I was growing up in the 1950s the eldest son Matthew was living in Guildford, Surrey while sister Eliza was living in South Shields.  She had two daughters, Marjorie and Joan, while Matthew had a son and a daughter. I know nothing of Isabel.  My own father, Laurence moved to Birmingham in the 1920s where he met my mother, so I am Birmingham born and bred but have always kept in touch with family in the North east.  Both Eliza's two daughters are now deceased but between them have seven surviving children, 2 daughters by Joan (she did have three but one died) and 3 daughters and 2 sons by Marjorie.
I would be interested in finding out more about my grandfather, William.  I have been to Ferryhill and seen the monument there but would like to know more about his parents and ancestors.

I am doing a history book on Ferryhill, and found some information through the census records.  William Walton, as I believe, was initially George William Walton.  I am waiting the birth and marriage certificate to confirm parentage.