Author Topic: 1901 census please  (Read 7970 times)

Offline Billingham

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1901 census please
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 18 March 12 23:14 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so much for this information.  If I had thought about it more I would have realised that. ;)

My mother was born in Stockton Heath, a few miles from Grappenhall and I am sure the registration district on her birth certificate was Great Budworth but  I could be mistaken, it is a long time since I looked at it.

On the census return that you have do you have any Gatliff/Gatley families?  I would be obliged if you could give me any information on that particular surname.  I visited Warrington four years ago (I live in Kent) and picked up  quite a bit of information in the reference library there but was limited on time so couldn't go through all the parish records for St. Wilfreds Church in Grappenhall.  The information that I did find was births, etc., from around 1840.

Do you have any connection with this family.  My grandmother's family came from Latchford and I see your nickname on here is Latchfordian!

Other names I am interested in are:  Norman, Brierly, Leather and Worsley.

I would very much like to be able to access more records but I am a pensioner so funds are limited.  LOL.

Once again I am obliged to you for replying.

Regards Helen.

Offline Latchfordian

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 19 March 12 11:02 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so much for this information.  If I had thought about it more I would have realised that. ;)

My mother was born in Stockton Heath, a few miles from Grappenhall and I am sure the registration district on her birth certificate was Great Budworth but  I could be mistaken, it is a long time since I looked at it.

On the census return that you have do you have any Gatliff/Gatley families?  I would be obliged if you could give me any information on that particular surname.  I visited Warrington four years ago (I live in Kent) and picked up  quite a bit of information in the reference library there but was limited on time so couldn't go through all the parish records for St. Wilfreds Church in Grappenhall.  The information that I did find was births, etc., from around 1840.

Do you have any connection with this family.  My grandmother's family came from Latchford and I see your nickname on here is Latchfordian!

Other names I am interested in are:  Norman, Brierly, Leather and Worsley.

I would very much like to be able to access more records but I am a pensioner so funds are limited.  LOL.

Once again I am obliged to you for replying.

Regards Helen.

Hi Helen

Yes indeed, I was born in Latchford and moved to Grappenhall when I was 10. I know both areas very well and many of my ancestors are buried at St Wilfrid's in Grappenhall. As far as I know I don't have any Gatliff/Gatley people in my tree but if you care to let me have more details (names, dates, places etc) I'll see what I can find for you.

Jim
Andrew, Banks, Birchall, Burgess, Burk, Carnell, Cartwright, Clare, Costello, Cragg, Daniels, Gregory, Hague, Hamblett, Hardman, Jackson, Marland, Mee, Mollyneux, Mullin, Naylor, Orford, Owen, Richardson, Robinson, Smith, Street, Tyldsley, Ward, Whalley, Wright
(Mainly Lancs and Cheshire)

Offline PGatliffe

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
James Gatliffe
« Reply #11 on: Friday 09 September 16 14:30 BST (UK) »
Dear Helen
I am also related to James and Ellen Gatliffe . They had a daughter Emma born 1840. She had a son John. He was born 1859. He was my great-grandfather. I can go back further if you are interested?
Patricia Gatliffe

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 12 September 16 10:45 BST (UK) »
Hello Patricia,

Welcome to RootsChat :)

Although Helen's email is not working I can see that she logged in again last month - I will send her a pm about your reply so she pick it up next time she logs in :)

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Billingham

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: James Gatliffe
« Reply #13 on: Monday 19 September 16 22:36 BST (UK) »
Dear Patricia, 

Thank you for your message.  These are the details I have on the Gatliffe (spelt many ways) family.

As I see it James Gatliffe's parents were Robert Gatliffe (born 1780, died 1805) and Mary Sothern (born 1780 but do not know where).  They married on the 8th July, 1799, at St. Elphins, Warrington.

Robert's siblings were:(1) Ann born 1772 Grappenhall, baptised 1772 Grappenhall. No further details on her.  (2) Thomas born 1774 Grappenhall, baptised 8th May, 1774, Grappenhall.  No further details. (3) John born 1778 Grappenhall, baptised 1778 Grappenhall.  No further details.
(4)  Martha born 1780 Grappenhall, baptised 6th August, 1780 Grappenhall, died 1795 Grappenhall.  Then came Robert.  After Robert is (5) Edward born 1783 Grappenhall, baptised 9th February, 1783 Grappenhall.  No further details.  (6) Betty born 1785 Grappenhall, baptised 5th June, 1785, Grappenhall.  No further details.  And, lastly, (7) William born 1789 Grappenhall, died 1795 Grappenhall, buried 28th June, 1795 Grappenhall.

I believe Robert's parents were Absalom Gatliffe born 1745 Grappenhall, died 1805 Grappenhall and buried 12th November, 1805 Grappenhall.  Absalom married Martha Ingram born 1750 but I don't know where.  They were married on 16th April, 1771, at Grappenhall.  No further details.

My line is via James Gatliffe who married Ellen Brierly and their daughter Alice was my great grandmother.

If any of these details are incorrect I would be pleased if you could clarify.  I have no details further back on Absalom or his wife Martha Ingham, so if your research goes back further I would be pleased to hear from you about that.

Thank you for contacting me.

Best wishes Helen Harding nee Wall.