Author Topic: Complete-Dighton/Deighton Gypsy Family  (Read 50065 times)

Offline xrystal

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Complete-Dighton/Deighton Gypsy Family
« Reply #63 on: Wednesday 28 March 18 00:20 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone

I just wanted to say hi. I'm looking at my Carey line (paternal grandmother) and one of her aunts Richelda married a Dighton I believe.

I also have other Deightons in my tree but would need to look to find the links.

Does anyone remember any Carey's around Belvedere and Sidcup areas?

Kind regards

Claire

Hi, I found a Kate  ( daughter of Samson and Louisa ) living with a Laurence Dighton in 1901, but they may have married in 1948, or it is a different Catherine Carey and Laurence Dighton rofl.  I believe that Laurence may be the one that lived in Essex during one of the censuses but he was in Kent in some of them too along with quite a few siblings.   He may be connected to my Dightons somewhere but I haven't found the connection yet due to a lack of official marriage records and tons of name changes. 

I found Richelda Carey with her parents and a marriage index for a Richelda Dighton but where first names tend to be banded around I won't assume its the same Richelda until the image / certificate surfaces somewhere.   Okay, confirmed .. Richelda Dighton, daughter of William Dighton married Matthew Scamp in 1906.  So no marriage for Richelda or a census record showing her living with a Dighton.

Offline Claire Conboy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Wednesday 28 March 18 21:20 BST (UK) »
Thank you!

My mistake Richelda married a Bagley but the Catherine or Kate is my line. Samson and Louisa are my g.g.grandfathers cousin and his wife.

Claire

Offline charcsmith

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Friday 28 July 23 19:20 BST (UK) »
Don’t suppose any of you knew of a George smith (snappers George) his wife was me granny we don’t no her maiden name of much of her family. George and Sylvia lived on Abbey Wood in the 70s