Author Topic: Looking for a Baptism of Mary Ibbetson  (Read 2258 times)

Offline drewsankie

• RootsChat Veteran
  • My 6 X Gt Uncle James Brindley
    • View Profile
Looking for a Baptism of Mary Ibbetson
« on: Sunday 21 May 06 13:00 BST (UK) »
I am seeking the Baptism and parents of Mary Ibbetson
Probably born around 1785 in Coleorton
She married William Willis Bailey 4th Aug 1806 Coleorton
William born 1779 Coleorton

Regards Ian Markie
Census transcriptions Crown Copyright, www.NationalArchives.gov.uk<br /><br />GENEALOGISTS DON`T DIE THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS !<br /><br />Markie, Northants, London, Scotland, New Zealand<br />Gibson,Gt Doddington, Denton Northants<br />Allen, Northampton<br />Ashley,Kettering Burton Latimer, Kings Cliffe, Australia <br />Stubbs. Northants, Staffs<br />Greenough, Northampton<br />Lewin, Brownsell, Bucks.<br />Whitehead, London, Scotland.<br />Thompson, Mears Ashby Northants/ Tiney, Woodford

Offline Jan Ann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I Know,If I Get to the Core then Answers R There!
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for a Baptism of Mary Ibbetson
« Reply #1 on: Monday 22 May 06 22:26 BST (UK) »
Hi Ian ;)

Had a look on the IGI as i'm sure you have already, there is an entry for the birth of Mary Ibbetson or Ibbotson About 1785   Of, Coleorton, Leicester, England  - doesnt give any parents - just submitted by a member of the LDS Church - you could try an appeal to those with access to the PR's of Colerton - which again - I'm sure you know!

Cheers
Jan :D
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

TIVEY, WILDE,
Alker, Barmore, Birchall, Bird, Bryan, Chant, Clare,  Crump, Dow, Edwards, Fairbrother, Faulkner, Frearson, Frogson, Glew, Halliday, Heathcote, Hesford, Holliday, Jones, Knight, Massey, Mather, McKenna, Mee, Melling, Neal, O'Brien, Ottewell, Pimblett, Pinks, Price, Quinn, Rampling, Richards, Richardson, Rowley, Royle, Shakespeare, Shaw, Sheldon, Tandy, Thompson, Wade, Walker,  & more!

Offline JohnCCDay

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 17 February 18 18:38 GMT (UK) »
I'm sure you've found this by now but details below found via familysearch site. Also see http://www.coleorton.org.uk/heritagegroup-volunteers.html for reference to her marrage and parents. Mary was daughter of Julius Caesar Ibbetson the landscape painter. If you have any further information I'd be interested to see it. Mary is my 4xGreat Grandmother.

Name:   Mary Johana Ibbetson
Christening Date:   03 Sep 1786
Christening Date (Original):   03 SEP 1786
Christening Place:   SAINT ANNE SOHO,WESTMINSTER,LONDON,ENGLAND
Birth Date:   04 Aug 1786
Father's Name:   Julius Ibbetson
Mother's Name:   Elizabeth

Regards
John
Day - Staffordshire, Birmingham, Great Barr
Evans - Birmingham, Shropshire
Bayliss - Shropshire, Astley Abbotts, Bridgnorth
Sale - Birmingham, Warwickshire, Derbyshire
Huband - Birmingham, Warwickshire, Worcestershire
Thomas - Carmarthenshire, Llangyndeyrn, Pontantwn
Richards -Carmarthenshire, Llangyndeyrn, Pontantwn

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 18 February 18 14:30 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat John.

I am not related but what a fascinating history the Family has.

I see Mary J remarried as Joannah Bailey and 1 Son from second Marriage.
She lived to a good age ( I see her in Derbyshire 1851 with her other Son born 1809)

I hope drewsankie (Ian) gets back to you soon as he was last on here Oct 2017.

Cheers,
Trish :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline JohnCCDay

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 20 February 18 18:36 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Trish
It is very confusing when you try to look into her marrage and children because her first husband, Captain William Willis Bailey, died in 1818 and then she married his nephew, who was also called William Willis Bailey and also a mining engineer. They also had a son called William Willis Bailey just to add to the confusion. She obviously liked the name!

John

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 21 February 18 10:09 GMT (UK) »
She sure did love the name and her Husbands also :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline JHughes

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 12 January 20 23:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I don't know if you're still interested in information about this.

Mary Ibbetson is my great great great great great grandmother. Her father, Julius Caesar Ibbetson was born to Richard Ibbetson who was born in Yorkshire. Robert joined the Moravian church when he was in London. He returned to Yorkshire with the Moravians. He married a younger woman, she had a daughter and then a son, Julius Caesar. She went into premature labour and died when Julius Caesar was born. Julius Caesar went to a Moravian school as a child and married twice. He had 11 children with his first wife, Elizabeth, I don't know her maiden name. 8 of their 11 children died and so did Elizabeth. Mary was one of the surviving 3 along with 2 brothers.

I don't know if she was connected to the Moravian Church as a child or if they kept records. If she was and they kept records at that time it'd probably be a good place to check for them.

I have more information about that family story if you're interested.

Offline JohnCCDay

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 22 January 20 18:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi JHughes
I think that makes us 5th cousins once removed. I knew about the Caesarian birth story and I've seen the pictures of his portrait but I'd be interested in any other information you might have.
I'm related via Mary's daughter Marianne Bailey and then down the Sale and Day lines if there is any further link there.

Best Wishes
John

Offline JHughes

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 27 January 20 18:17 GMT (UK) »
I actually don't know about the Sale and Day lines. I got here through Caroline Bailey. I'm pretty sure Caroline was William Bailey's daughter and not a second husbands kid. Caroline Bailey married a man named John Brown, they had a child named William Willis Brown. He had 2 kids, one was William Hyde Brown, they lived in Stratford-upon-Avon but he moved to North Dakota, USA where my great grandpa was born. They then moved to Saskatchewan, Canada, then to the town I live in, Langley, British Columbia, Canada. I won't go into that any further unless you're interested in that.

As far as the Ibbetson side goes. Julius Caesar Ibbetson actually wrote 2 books. I recently read both of them. One is a manual on painting with oils called An Accidence, or Gamut, of Painting in Oil. There's a short bio of him in that book. He was also a co-writer/co-artist for what I can only describe as a tourism guide called A Picturesque Guide to Bath, Bristol Hot-Wells, The River Avon, and the Adjacent Country. Both of those books are available on Google Books for free. Of course if you read them you'll have to remember they used the long S that looks like an f.

If I can think of anything else that's interesting I'll make another reply.