Author Topic: barons in accrington and haslingden  (Read 5544 times)

Offline diclidophora

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
barons in accrington and haslingden
« on: Thursday 21 October 04 15:03 BST (UK) »
I am trying to trace a parent of george baron, born 1910. I know his mother was mary (polly) margerison and I think his father was harry baron (married 1910 - I think).  Would be grateful for any info on this and former ancestors.

DC

Offline celia

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: barons in accrington and haslingden
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 21 October 04 16:23 BST (UK) »
Hi D.C glad you signed off with D.C cant get my tung round that one ;D  Do you have any other Baron names on your tree from Accrington.  Blackburn That is one of my Lines of research

Celia
Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials

M.I.Merchant Marina's Rake Lane

FLORENCE JONES MARRIED JOHN GIBBON HIGNETT IN 1885

Offline diclidophora

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 21 October 04 17:07 BST (UK) »
Hi Celia.

I'm stuck at Harry, mainly because I have found two of them. In the 1901 England census I have Harry Baron age 14 father and mother Elizabeth and father Henry and a Harry age 14 with father William Henry and mother Alice (Alcie) both in Accrington. I arrived at this point via the Magerisons who I know more about and marriage and birth records in BMD. If I could find the offspring of either Harry I could probably sort it out. Harry begat George Baron (b 1910) and married Mary (Polly) Magerison in 1908

DC

Offline floridagirl

• RootsChat Member
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 22 October 04 00:13 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I have a Jane Baron who married into my Duxbury line in Manchester in 1810,
I have a long list of her descendants.
Viv.
Norris, O'Donnell, McGuinness, Evans, Hendry, Thomas, Perry, Duxbury, Hudson, Guest, Robinson, Shewan, Fullam, Williams, Henderson, Gaffney, Brookes, Bird, Bruffell, Baron, Hase, Jones, Tomkins

Offline celia

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 22 October 04 01:02 BST (UK) »
D.C that is sticky two Harry's the same age on the same census ::) I am sure somone will pop in and help you there. I havent got enough Baron's to compair note's with you  Celia

Viv I have a puzzle that was sent to me by a cousin i never knew i had. He found some papers, they mention the name's Ralph Baron & Lucy Hanna Duxbury(this is in 1929)We know they must be related to My Grandmothers sister Janet Baron who married a Hornby. But we dont know how,   Do you have any of these name's     Celia
Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials

Offline floridagirl

• RootsChat Member
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 22 October 04 01:21 BST (UK) »
HIya,
We've only just confirmed the link with Jane and Thomas a couple of days ago,
I don't have any other Baron names at the moment apart from two Barons who were on the marriage, I think they were Janes parents, or they could have been her brother and sister in law. I'll have to look through my notes for the names.
Are Ralph and Lucy Hanna from the Accrington area?
Have you had a look at Peter Duxburys website, there are a few Barons/Barrons on there linked with Duxburys.
Alot of my Duxburys are on there but I've got to update him soon as we've found a few more desendants of Thomas and Jane.
I'll let you know the other Baron Names asap,
Viv.
 :) :) :)
Norris, O'Donnell, McGuinness, Evans, Hendry, Thomas, Perry, Duxbury, Hudson, Guest, Robinson, Shewan, Fullam, Williams, Henderson, Gaffney, Brookes, Bird, Bruffell, Baron, Hase, Jones, Tomkins

Offline celia

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 22 October 04 17:57 BST (UK) »
Hi D.C I think i have found the birth of your George Baron as he is the only one born that name  for that year,right place. March quarter. George Baron. 1910 ,In the district of Haslingden. 8c page 101. so with this you can send for the birth certificate and get the correct parents plus other info. If you need the address of the correct registration office to send it to let me know.

Celia
Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials

Offline diclidophora

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 22 October 04 19:23 BST (UK) »
Celia.

Thanks for your efforts. Yes I had got that bit of info. Of course I hoped to confirm the parent without having to get a cert, but ultimately I will probably have to do that. I had a search around today, but can't get the parents together. I had thought his mother was Mary Ellen, but found her full name (rather than the initial E) on the Mormon web site. Her name was Mary Elisabeth Margerison. It seemed that the father was Harry Baron, but that can't now be the case and the marriage does not appear in any of the online records that I have looked at so far. I know that members of that Magerison family were devout Methodists, so I wonder if they were married in a Methodist chapel and the record hasn't appeared in public records for some reason ?

DC

Offline celia

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 22 October 04 23:55 BST (UK) »
Sorry d.C thought you were looking for the parents of George Baron who was born in 1810.

Celia

Viv I dont know anything at all about Ralph baron or lucy
these names appear on a court document i think, that my cousin copied out and sent to me. In the hope i might solve the poblem. I have been stuck in 1841 with the birth of my G.Grandfather for a long time. I dont need to get his birth certificate as i have his marriage one. That is one from scotland so it gives me all the info i need. This page has got me back on my barons again so i will now get a census and see if i can find some sibling. I am positive some of the Barons in Accrington that i have viewed the three years must be related to mine.

Celia
Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials