Author Topic: LILLEY name, Larne ......  (Read 4757 times)

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • A tree full of life, a life full of branches!
    • View Profile
LILLEY name, Larne ......
« on: Thursday 21 October 04 16:35 BST (UK) »

Hello, new here  8).

Could anyone out there oblige me by doing a look up please ?

Details are.....

Alexander Lilley, born 1889, Town Street, Larne

So he would have been about 12 in 1901.

Would love to find details of his parents (think names are Alexander and Anne June) and brothers/sisters. Siblings I know of are Mary and possibly, Celine. Mary married into the Thompson family, also of Larne.

Had thought the Lilley name had been in Larne for quite some time but have been unable to find any mention of it in the 1851 Census for Larne, so wondering if they were 'incomers' to the area.

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated. Thanks, in hope.   :)
"Trees without roots fall over!"

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

Don't just wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

In a world where you can be anything, be kind .

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: LILLEY name, Larne ......
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 26 October 04 16:31 BST (UK) »
Hello, have found other Alexander Lilley's b1873 in both Londonderry and Antrim, although no further information on them other than their parents names. That would make them 16 at time of my Alexander's birth....does anyone know if this would have been a common age of marriage in 1800's....if yes, it may be a possibility?  Any thoughts anyone?
ErrorSPAM
REPORT THIS POST AS SPAM (Use 'Report to Moderator'). DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS IN THIS POST. DO NOT REPLY TO THIS PERSON.
][/color]
ErrorSPAM
REPORT THIS POST AS SPAM (Use 'Report to Moderator'). DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS IN THIS POST. DO NOT REPLY TO THIS PERSON.
][/color]
ErrorSPAM
][/color]
ErrorSPAM
][/color]

<<<<<<<<<<<<<Onwards the searching goes.....! 8)
Now found this one, wonder if he is  more likely candidate:

Alexander Lilly (no e)
christened 26/10/1850 at Carnmoney, Antrim
to James and Martha Lilley

So, again, if anyone can do look up as requested at start of post, it would be very much appreciated.

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 01 December 04 22:36 GMT (UK) »
Further update:

Street name above should be Pound Street not Town Street.

Celine above should read Selena, and I now know that she emigrated to America and married an Alexander Blair in New York in 1907 (albeit he was also from County Antrim).

Also, now believe that Ann Jane (not June) was also a Lilley before she married Alexander senior (their son Alexander's birth certificate states Mother: Ann Jane Lilley formerly Lilley - not sure if this means she had previously been married to another Lilley or if she was born a Lilley - had noticed on IGI index for their other children that she was Ann Jane Lilley Lilley, but had thought this was a mistake).

Interestingly, the certificate shows that a Mary Blair was present at the birth ( Alexander's sister, Selena, later married a Blair - see above).

So, still looking for any other info/links on/to these names.

Offline Anthony

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 18 December 04 20:39 GMT (UK) »
H

Offline audrey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 18 December 04 21:45 GMT (UK) »
dont  know if there is a connection but my husband has a Martin Lillie in his family born 1830 in Ireland he was a traveling salesman he married in Devon  and ended up living in Co Durham
audrey