Author Topic: HENRICI - Romany roots  (Read 2397 times)

Offline susan p

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
HENRICI - Romany roots
« on: Friday 26 May 06 11:22 BST (UK) »
Hello,
Can any one tell me where I start searching for my Romany Root`s I Don`t even know which side of my grandfathers family they were.His father came from Germany in the 1860s the original story being he had married a Romany and neither family approved this is not true.Jacob Henrici eventually married a Margaret Gibson from Sedgefield Co.Durham.All I can remember granddad saying was that Gypsies came to the public house/hotel they had in Northallerton but wouldn't come into the house only as far as what I thought was the kitchen but have since found out was probably the KIRCHEN?bar? and gold gypsy style earing's that should have gone to the first female to have her ears pierced.Any advice would be greatly appreceat ed.
Susan

Moderator Comment:
If anybody can help, then please check out these threads as well, to avoid duplication of efforts. Thanks :)

Topic: Gibson in sedgefield
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,76838.0.html
Topic: GERMANY: immigration/naturalisation 
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,74341.0.html
Henrici Durham,Henderson,sunderland,durham
Buckenham Norfolk/suffolk,Beveridge,McQueen,Brownleescotland.Crackwell,Suffolk,
mothersole Suffolk
Gibson Sedgefield Durham
Evans Shropshire/Northormesby,Tadman

Offline Gertrude1

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: HENRICI - Romany roots
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 27 June 06 20:59 BST (UK) »
Hello Susan

This isn't about Romany roots but I have just signed up to this message site and have completely lost my way in all the excitement.  My great great grandfather was Henry Henrici.  He was married to Jane Henrici (nee Smith)   I believe that when she was widowed she went to stay taking with her, her daughter Mary Gertrude and granddaughter Dora at the hotel in Northallerton.  I am not sure how long they stayed for but do know that it ended in rather a big row!  Before actually going to live there my g grandmother would often go and help out with the hunt balls which were held there.  I can't believe  that I have actually made a connection with another Henrici descendent.  I have only just started dabbling to find info on the internet and am so excited to find this! (so is my mother).  How far back have you gone.  I knew they were from Anspach but did not know there was a third brother or what Henry and Jacobs parents were called.  I presume they must be buried in England.  Henry and family lived in Middlesborough but as I say I have only just started investigating and so don''t know much more than family stories.  Have you heard from any descendent of the third brother?  As far as I can make out you must be the equivelant generation to my mother.  Please contact me,  I would love to hear from you.   PS My name isn't really Gertrude but had problems finding a name that hadn't already been used.
Henrici

Offline susan p

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: HENRICI - Romany roots
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 29 June 06 09:35 BST (UK) »
Hello Gertrude,
I have sent you a personal reply
Susan
Henrici Durham,Henderson,sunderland,durham
Buckenham Norfolk/suffolk,Beveridge,McQueen,Brownleescotland.Crackwell,Suffolk,