Author Topic: Hubby now wants me to do his tree.....  (Read 1011 times)

Offline Fitty

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Rooting through my Roots
    • View Profile
Hubby now wants me to do his tree.....
« on: Friday 22 October 04 00:28 BST (UK) »
He knows his mothers Maiden name and the year of birth 1947. He knows her father was called Ernest Everett and he was from Pudsey and her mum name was Wyn , probably Winifred.

thats it!

I told him i would'nt probably find anything on the net as it's all a bit recent.  So would go to the library and look up his mothers DOB and try and get a Bith cert that way.   He's does'nt know if the grandparents were born in Pudsey but he remembers going there when he was little.

Is there anywhere else i could try?
---------------------------------------                    <br />                    (  @ @  )<br />-----------oOOo-(_)-oOOo---------<br /><br />       Any one seen any BAXENDALES?<br /><br />--------oooO---------------Oooo-------<br />           (    )                    (    )<br />            \\\\  (                      )  /<br />             \\\\_)                    (_/<br /><br />Brighouse:  Smith<br />Lambeth: Clisby<br />Leeds: Baxendale,Baxter, Beales,Bowe

Offline Pollynation

• RootsChat Senior
  • The picture that started it all
    • View Profile
Re: Hubby now wants me to do his tree.....
« Reply #1 on: Friday 22 October 04 22:30 BST (UK) »
Don't know if this is any help fitty but the same thing is happening with my dad. He knows his parents names and posibly some of his grandparents but thats it.

He has no details of marriages , cannot remember when they were born/died.
The only thing i can think of now is to go to a large library that has the St. Catherines indexes for the years 1901-1983. I know there is one at Lincoln Archives ( my nearest) , but not managed to get there yet.

Good Luck
Best wishes
Pauline
Atkinson/Mountney/Gardner/Mellor/Finch/Higham-Lancashire
Cooper/Price-Shropshire
Lund/Foster/Wilkinson/Crawforth-Yorkshire
Calvert-Durham

Whoever said seek and ye shall find was NOT a genealogist.

Offline Fitty

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Rooting through my Roots
    • View Profile
Re: Hubby now wants me to do his tree.....
« Reply #2 on: Friday 22 October 04 22:59 BST (UK) »
I,m quite close to Leeds, so i should think they'll have records of the deaths of his grandparents there..  will try that.

Thanks Polly :)
---------------------------------------                    <br />                    (  @ @  )<br />-----------oOOo-(_)-oOOo---------<br /><br />       Any one seen any BAXENDALES?<br /><br />--------oooO---------------Oooo-------<br />           (    )                    (    )<br />            \\\\  (                      )  /<br />             \\\\_)                    (_/<br /><br />Brighouse:  Smith<br />Lambeth: Clisby<br />Leeds: Baxendale,Baxter, Beales,Bowe