Author Topic: DIDLICK/DIDLOCK Family  (Read 42403 times)

Offline lana

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: DIDLICK/DIDLOCK Family
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday 17 November 09 23:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi, All

I am really sorry that I did not see this thread years ago. I only found it now because I was hunting google images and wondered what would come up with an unusual name like Didlock.

Anyway, the man you all needed to contact was Michael Didlick from Australia.  The reason why I haven't researched this name for years is because Michael sent me a copy of his life's work in 2003.  It was nearly 2 inches thick - there was so much of it.

About 1 inch of it is a typed family history and the rest is handwritten family history trees

It covers:
William Didlick + Rebecca Beddow's Family - The Cainham Settlers of 1720/ The Clee Hill Didlick clan - covering about 12 branches

John Didlick + Honoria Blakey's Family + numerous sub branches.

Samuel Didlick + Eunice Ann Butchers Family + numerous sub branches - this is my branch

William Didlick + Elizabeth Serjant - New England Australian Branch and numerous sub branches.

A couple of maps and a handful of photos.

I am hoping that Michael is already a member of Rootschat and hopefully aware of this thread. I must admit that in my excitement on seeing mention of Cainham, I haven't read all the posts.  I will, however, attempt to make contact with him via the 2003 contact details I have for him. 

Kind Regards
Lana

Arnold, Ault, Blakeway, Bradbury, Bromley, Buckley, Bunce, Cussen, Dell, Didlock, Fairbairn, Fairburn, Gittins, Gittus, Hanson, James, Joy, Lea, Madden, Mangan, Mitchell, Morrissey, Mottram, Packer, Pitt(s), Povey, Sharp, Southall, Tuck, Turner, Wood

Offline RosemaryD

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday 18 November 09 10:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lana, great to hear from you.  I know Michael & his family very well and in 2007 we spent a fantastic time with them in Australia so I am already in contact with them!  He has done great work on our tree and I too have done quite  extensive research and I'm still at it!  As you can imagine it continues to grow and I love getting into contact with members of our family.  Where do you fit in?  Would be excellent to hear some more from you and find you on my tree if you're there! 

Thanks for replying, I really appreciate it.  Take care,

Rose Didlick
Didlick
Didlock
James - Cwll
George - Cwll
Thomas - Cwll
Wellington - Cwll

Offline lana

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Wednesday 18 November 09 10:38 GMT (UK) »
Brilliant, Rose

So glad to hear that you know Michael - I thought it would be strange if people didn't know of his research.

I am related via Samuel Didlock and Eunice (Edith) Ann Butcher and their daughter Lucy Didlock who married James Southall in Tipton.

I must admit I have neglected this family since I had so much from Michael.  I concentrated on my Mitchells, Hansons, Arnolds, etc - all the commoner names.

It was really strange reading an old email from Michael last night where he talked about a trip he and the family had taken one day to Manley back in 2003!  I won a holiday to New Zealand last year and we went in February this year - the competition people were great and let us add locations to the trip.  So we stayed in the Rocks, Sydney and took the same trip to Manley (except it was raining when we went!).  Never in my life did I think when I read that back in 2003 that I would get the chance to do that.  Anyway, getting side tracked.  Just wish I had been more organised and had longer there - I could have met up with quite a few relatives on quite a few branches!

I bet the Didlick/Didlock research has come on in leaps and bounds with the ease that the internet has brought to research!  Although, there is masses of it from Michael even back then.

Say hello to Michael for me - I did send him an email last night but not sure if it will still work after all these years.

Best Wishes
Rachel (Lana)
Arnold, Ault, Blakeway, Bradbury, Bromley, Buckley, Bunce, Cussen, Dell, Didlock, Fairbairn, Fairburn, Gittins, Gittus, Hanson, James, Joy, Lea, Madden, Mangan, Mitchell, Morrissey, Mottram, Packer, Pitt(s), Povey, Sharp, Southall, Tuck, Turner, Wood

Offline Shadie37

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Sunday 20 December 09 12:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi Rose, if your husbands name is Neil, we're already in touch, if not my mother (Rosemary) is a Didlick, we have family still living in Ludlow and around Kidderminster area.

Sylvia xxx

Offline RosemaryD

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Sunday 20 December 09 15:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sylvia, nice to say hello again.  I've got you on my facebook haven't I?  It's been brilliant for  catching up with rellies and updating info.  Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and best wishes for 2010.

Love Rose XX :)
Didlick
Didlock
James - Cwll
George - Cwll
Thomas - Cwll
Wellington - Cwll

Offline Shadie37

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Sunday 20 December 09 15:51 GMT (UK) »
« Reply #49 on: Today at 15:00:47 » 

~~~~~~~~
Hi Sylvia, nice to say hello again.  I've got you on my facebook haven't I?  It's been brilliant for  catching up with rellies and updating info.  Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and best wishes for 2010.

-------------------------------------------------

Yep, you have. I thought it was you but the pic of the Opera house threw me slightly! lol
Merry Christmas to you too, and all other Didlicks where ever they are. xxx

Offline fofofo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday 22 December 09 10:39 GMT (UK) »
Hello, my name is Marnix Alexander de Paula Lopes. I am trying to find a link with Dr. Michael Rawlin who married Yolanda Gwyneth Didlock. I researching the Rawlin family tree. Has anybody heard of this connection? I am trying to find a will of family members (Rawlin) who lived in Wentworth/Wath upon Dearne/Epworth.
As I reside in The Netherlands, any help would be great.

Offline yolanda

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Saturday 13 March 10 15:17 GMT (UK) »
Hello Marnix,

I am Yolanda Gwyneth Didlock at least that was my married name.I am afraid that I am not particularly good on computers yet so my Son (Darren Didlock) is helping. I didnt marry Dr Michael Rawlin although he is a distant relative of mine. Thomas Rawlin of Tankersley is both our Great, Great, Great Grandfather. Thomas rawlin lived at a moated farmhouse (Glebe Farm Tankersley) near Hoyland, Barnsley.

Offline mookp1892

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Friday 24 December 10 16:02 GMT (UK) »
Hello, I also have didlock/dedlock/didlick ancestors.

I also know someone from australia who shares the same ancestors as me, a lot of info can be found on their website, just look up the didlock surnames under 'Surname List'

>> http://www.thetreeofus.net/

My branch starts with:

Richard Didlock born 1789 Staffordshire, married Sarah Davis.
Known children:
Samuel
Henry
Benjamin
Thomas
David
Isaiah (my Great, Great, Great, Great Grandfather)

Kieran

James Gallagher born 1858, Wigan, died unknown
William Kenny born about 1837, Ireland, died unknown
Joanna Mooney nee Connor born County Offaly about 1833, died unknown
and her children (all born Staffordshire/Worcestershire):
Ann Mooney, born 1856
Martin Mooney, born 1862
Thomas Mooney, born 1864
Joanna Mooney, born 1866
Agnes Mooney, born 1868
Theresa Mooney, born 1870