Author Topic: DIDLICK/DIDLOCK Family  (Read 42332 times)

Offline pete edwards

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: DIDLICK/DIDLOCK Family
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 30 May 07 00:36 BST (UK) »
No probs Caz :)

Wilkinson is mentioned 357 times on the Litchfield disc, and 77 times on the St Asaph disc,

Give us a shout, if you want a looksee :)

Pete :)
Edwards, mainly Cound, Frodesely, Acton Burnell. Pitchford. and surrounding villages, Shropshire, /  Rowe, Cound, / Littlehales, Berrington, Shropshire / Radford, Dublin, /   Maguire, Acton Burnell, /  Rudge, Frodesely, /

Offline Bobman

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • www.welshbockers.co.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 31 May 07 21:39 BST (UK) »
yo guys my 2nd name is didlick and im from ludlow shropshire, and i thought i might just jump in to this topic to add a little more info

Offline cazza59

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 01 June 07 00:13 BST (UK) »
No probs Caz :)

Wilkinson is mentioned 357 times on the Litchfield disc, and 77 times on the St Asaph disc,

Give us a shout, if you want a looksee :)

Hi Pete

How long would it take for you to type 357 out....I'M KIDDING!!   ;D ;D ;D ;D

I would be interested in any John, Richard, William, Benjamin and James Wilkinsons which are the main boys names, particularly very early.  I can trace a Wilkinson in Cainham around 1734 but prior to that I don't have anything so I figure they might have gotten adventureous and wandered about the neighbourhood a bit but if there are too many than don't worry, you have done so much for me already.

Many of the names you have given me from Bitterley tie in with names I have at later dates in Cainham.  ;D ;D ;D

Have a great day.

Cheers
Caz
Wilkinson - Shropshire;  Jones - Hereford; Mitchell - Brighton; Emery - Brighton; Hall - Brighton Christopher - Dorset; Bussell - Dorset; <br /><br /><br />This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><]

Offline cazza59

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 01 June 07 00:24 BST (UK) »
PS Pete..Really stretching the friendship here but could you have a gander at the spelling "Wilkerson" if you get a mo.  (Can't say I'm backwards in coming forwards  ;D )

Wilkinson - Shropshire;  Jones - Hereford; Mitchell - Brighton; Emery - Brighton; Hall - Brighton Christopher - Dorset; Bussell - Dorset; <br /><br /><br />This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><]

Offline pete edwards

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 01 June 07 01:22 BST (UK) »
Hi Caz :)

Hereford diocese,  wildcards   " Wilkerson "    0

St Asaph     "                "                    "             0

Litchfield      "                "                   "             0

Caz. :)  Have a look at the map, and tell me what village you want, If I got it, you are by all means welcome to what I got, ;D ;D

Edwards, mainly Cound, Frodesely, Acton Burnell. Pitchford. and surrounding villages, Shropshire, /  Rowe, Cound, / Littlehales, Berrington, Shropshire / Radford, Dublin, /   Maguire, Acton Burnell, /  Rudge, Frodesely, /

Offline pete edwards

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 02 June 07 17:36 BST (UK) »
Hi Caz :)

If you really want all the Wilkinsons mentioned, I will Pm you with them , save cluttering the boards up,  I would have to send them in batches of ab 50 as any more would exceed the limit,  I can send you batches as time allows, I thought I would ask first as you may not like a lot of unvited stuff in your mail, 

all the best,

P.S. Caz I cheat really , I cut and paste, If you was to wait for me to type that lot, you would be with your rellies :) :),

Offline clarley

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 27 September 07 22:09 BST (UK) »
Hi Rosemarie

I don't have that much on the Didlicks, but I can tell you that my Dad's grandmother was a Didlick from Cainham, Ludlow.  Let me know if I might have more info of interest to you.

Claire

Offline RosemaryD

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 28 September 07 19:53 BST (UK) »
Hi Claire,  Good to hear from you and if your great grandmother was a Didlick we're definitely related!  If you let me know her name I'll look her up on my tree and let you know what details might be helpful.  Thanks so much for replying.

Regards, Rosemary
Didlick
Didlock
James - Cwll
George - Cwll
Thomas - Cwll
Wellington - Cwll

Offline clarley

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 01 October 07 20:30 BST (UK) »
Hi Rosemary

My Dad's grandmother was Alice Didlick b 1898.  Interested to know your connection.

Claire