Author Topic: Photo repair Please  (Read 2602 times)

Offline Michael72.

• RootsChat Senior
  • Getting back to my Roots.
    • View Profile
Re: Photo repair Please
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 06 June 06 19:12 BST (UK) »

It's all clever stuff PixiePixerFixer.....Thank you very much..

The photo was taken in 1936.... ;D

Regards, Michael72.
My email is not working sorry
GILBY, Lowestoft and Cleethorpes.
COO, Horncastle/Grimsby/Cleethorpes.
MADIN, Sheffield/Cleethorpes.
AYERS, Yorkshire, Grimsby/Cleethorpes.
Clark, Cheltenham, Hull, Cleethorpes.

Offline Polldoll

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Counting my Blessings...not the years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 07 June 06 01:05 BST (UK) »
Hi Pixie.. Nice one ...I love the way you superimpose one pic on top of the other ...How did you do that ...??? Brilliant ...and I love the shadow.. adds depth ...well done  ;D
Polly!
Reynolds Johnson Chapman Goodyear Wright   Demmon Maddison Jackson Bush Lingard<br />Lincolnshire Northants,Essex.   Soutar  McKenzie Stuart Watt Banff, Coupar Angus, Glen Livet, Broughty Ferry, Coatbridge, Airdrie Lanarkshire and Saskatchewan, Hamilton Wentworth, Canada. Phillips. Coyne- March Cambs, Islington,Hackney 1st Lincolnshire Regt 1914

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople

Offline -

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 07 June 06 09:07 BST (UK) »
I love the way you superimpose one pic on top of the other ...How did you do that ...???

Thanks! um... I'm not exactly sure what you mean by the above, but this is basically what I did:

1. Restored the cracks on the boy using mainly the clone stamp and the air brush tool.

2. cut him out using the lasso and eraser tool. (and I think it helps to put a solid color layer behind the subject when cutting them out.)

3. I put a bench, and background on two separate layers behind the cut out boy.

4. I duplicated the boy moved the duplication over a bit and made the contrast and brightness of the duplication 0 to produce the shadow.

and that's it!

below are some pictures... when I'm actually working on the photos, I never name my layers... and am much messier... lol

~ Pixie

Offline Polldoll

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 07 June 06 09:27 BST (UK) »
What I meant ( sorry ... it wasn't that clear :)) was the way  you have the finished article on here flashing intermittently with the damaged original( in the same space)...It makes it so much easier to see the differences... oh dear .. erm.. is that any clearer? ::) ;D
Reynolds Johnson Chapman Goodyear Wright   Demmon Maddison Jackson Bush Lingard<br />Lincolnshire Northants,Essex.   Soutar  McKenzie Stuart Watt Banff, Coupar Angus, Glen Livet, Broughty Ferry, Coatbridge, Airdrie Lanarkshire and Saskatchewan, Hamilton Wentworth, Canada. Phillips. Coyne- March Cambs, Islington,Hackney 1st Lincolnshire Regt 1914

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople

Offline -

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 07 June 06 10:39 BST (UK) »
lol, yes, much clearer. ;D

I just make a layer with the before, and a layer with the after, then "save for web" and check animate.

Offline -

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 07 June 06 10:42 BST (UK) »
it wont let me load anymore on that post, lol

Offline Polldoll

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 07 June 06 14:28 BST (UK) »
Thanks for taking the time to explain that!.. I'll use that method ...once I've had a little play with it !! CHEERS !

Offline Keith Bateman

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • .....The Cheshire Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 07 June 06 17:19 BST (UK) »
Thanks for taking the time to explain that!.. I'll use that method ...once I've had a little play with it !! CHEERS !

I agree - looks an interesting little toy/tool!!  ;D ;D

Well Done

Keith

Bateman - Ware, Herts, London.<br />Partington - Liverpool - Devon - Manchester<br />Foster - Liverpool - Manchester - Scotland<br />Gates - Cumberland - Liverpool - Manchester - Australia<br />Westwood - Ware, Herts<br /><br /><br />"Any information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Has Bouncing Emails

Offline Polldoll

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 07 June 06 21:52 BST (UK) »
sorry ...don't want to hijack your thread Pixie ... but Keith ...is that how you did your avatar? ???