Author Topic: I just received my first certificate ordered from England  (Read 2444 times)

Offline troods

• RootsChat Veteran
  • my greatgrandma Dorcas Charlotte Hall
    • View Profile
I just received my first certificate ordered from England
« on: Friday 22 October 04 23:10 BST (UK) »
Hello All     :) :) :) :)

I am so excited I just received my first certificate ordered from England. I was watching the mailbox daily just waiting. I am buzzing. My husband thinks I am mad. I say I am devoted.
Not worried about washing, cooking ,cleaning and gardening this has got me hooked.

Thinking off what certificate to order next.

Regards
Troods
Williams- Devon to Vic Oz;
Holmes - Donnegal to Vic Oz; Hall Westmoreland/Kent to Vic Oz;
Shipwash - Kent;
Edwards - Lambeth;
Nolan - Ireland;
Grady - Kerry to WA Oz;
Matson - Nova Scotia to SA Oz

Offline minime

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: I just received my first certificate ordered from England
« Reply #1 on: Friday 22 October 04 23:16 BST (UK) »
Congratulations Troods. It's an awesome feeling when something like that comes in the mail. I'm happy for you. ;)

minime
Birchall, Cooper, Kearns, Hope, Desmarias
Scotland, England, Ireland, Canada?, France?

Offline Minn

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 23 October 04 00:34 BST (UK) »
Troods I know that feeling, I recently discovered the WRO had 5 letters written by my gg grandfather when he was about 19. Prior to that after searching everywhere for absolutley yonks, I couldn't find hide nor hair of him, (& haven't found anything else yet). You can imagine my excitement!! I sent away for them, & could hardly think of anything else for a week. When they arrived I found they were copied one on top of each other on the same page, but at right angles to each other, if you can imagine that. Extremely hard to read, & the only way I could decipher them was to hold the page at an angle & squint! One was totally undecipherable, but the other 4 revealed such a wealth of information that I had no idea about... it was well worth the effort.

Minn
BROGRAVE - Norfolk
RYE - Hopton
LONG - Wiltshire/Somerset 
BROUGHTON/ GOODDY- Bawtry/Loversall CRESSWELL - Plymouth 
FOWLES - London 
DANIEL - Gloucester 
BARKER/STREET - Yorkshire
HAWKER - Kings Stanley
WARD - Cheltenham

Offline Darcy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Searching for little needles in big haystacks
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 23 October 04 02:30 BST (UK) »
 Hi Troods,
I order my certificates from England too and count the days until they arrive.
Nothing beats that feeling when you see the envelope in the mail box! ;D
I have ordered a marrige cert and it should arrive on Monday - I can't wait!
Darcy
Fisher, Pitts, Lucas, Emmit, Keal, Bennett, Maddock, Jackson, Pidd, Lincolnshire <br />Bullock, Read, White, Gloucestershire.<br />Shepherd, Foyle, Crowter, Green, Wiltshire<br />Strickland, Fisher, Butterworth, Brown, Northhamptonshire<br />Shepherd, Bullock, Waterhouse, Lancashire
Fisher, Goodwin, Rutland
<br /><br /><br /> Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline lindagene

• I am sorry but my email is no longer working
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 23 October 04 17:25 BST (UK) »
You lot dont know how lucky you are,  I am very pleased that I can now order my certificates myself and not have to get my daughter to do this for me, but unlike you, I have to wait until I can get to the post office to pick mine up, the post office isnt in my village, it is in the next village down the mountain, the post office is only open for two hours a day, daily from 8 -10 mon - fri and 9 - 11 sat.
Consequently I only go to pick up once a week, image how hard it is when an expected certificate is not in my pile of post!!!  I have to try and think of something else ALL WEEK until I next go.
I hope you all feel properly sorry for me!

Lindy
Snowdon, Collinson,  Durham, Northumberland,Yorkshire
Payne, Essex    Baker  Norfolk/Essex/Australia
Davies  Staffordshire, Shropshire