Author Topic: Rev John Morison - Auchtermuchty  (Read 2350 times)

Offline marp

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Rev John Morison - Auchtermuchty
« on: Wednesday 07 June 06 05:39 BST (UK) »
I am hoping someone can supply me with information regarding the Rev John Morison (baptised 6 June 1841 Queensferry, West Lothian) who was a minister at a church in Auchtermuchty for some years.  He died in 1901.

Can someone perhaps tell me which church in Auchtermuchty?

I would also appreciate any information (such as census) so that I can track his family.
 Thanks,
marp

Offline Chiad Fhear

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Aye mair questions than answers!
    • View Profile
Re: Rev John Morison - Auchtermuchty
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 25 February 17 09:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi there

I know this is a 10-year-old post, but I was "trawling" the Fife Forum pages and found it.

I have had a look through Volume v.5 of the Fasti ecclesiae scoticanae; the succession of ministers in the Church of Scotland from the reformation, for your Reverend John but he's not there.  Maybe he was United Free Church.  They have their own Fasti but it's not available online.

It's never too late on RootsChat  :D

Chiad Fhear
Aye mair questions than answers in a world where the past was a different place - that cannae be revisited!

Family surnames being researched ...
Crawford, Neilson, Lindsay, Reekie, Davidson
Drummond, Laing, Pearson, Tulloch ... will do for starters but there's a whole lot more!

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline hanes teulu

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 25 February 17 14:11 GMT (UK) »

It's never too late on RootsChat  :D

Chiad Fhear

A John Morison was appointed to North United Presbyterian Church, Auchtermuchty in March 1867. The church is described as "14 chains north of Auchtermuchty Parish Church"

Offline DonM

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 25 February 17 19:49 GMT (UK) »
He was Minister there for 42 years (1867-1909) and in 1910 the congregation dissolved.  He died in 1927.  Condensed from his obit.
I have turned off all email notifications, thank you.

Offline Roncac

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 29 June 18 09:18 BST (UK) »
I am hoping someone can supply me with information regarding the Rev John Morison (baptised 6 June 1841 Queensferry, West Lothian) who was a minister at a church in Auchtermuchty for some years.  He died in 1901.

Can someone perhaps tell me which church in Auchtermuchty?

I would also appreciate any information (such as census) so that I can track his family.
 Thanks,
marp

John Morison’s name appears on the Index of Scottish Presbyterian Ministers - http://ecclegen.com/general-index-m/#Morison,%20John

There is a link there which takes you to a source of information about his congregation, and a little about him.