Author Topic: james frayne  (Read 3388 times)

Offline janet eliza

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
james frayne
« on: Saturday 23 October 04 20:47 BST (UK) »

can you help

i am trying to trace any record of my great grandfather who lived in goole in 1901 he lived at 38 doyle street acording to the 1901 census this was the sailorshome beerhouse, he was married ti eliza frayne nee temple, at the time of the cencus they had three children annie, mary ,gertrude my gradfather was born two months after the censu his name was lawrence temple they later moved to another public house in bradford where my gradfather spent his childhood he later married alice raistrick my great grandfather originally came from county mayo i have only just started tracing my family tree and any advice on how i can try to get photos of the sailorshome would be helpfull

Offline Bee

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: james frayne
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 24 October 04 21:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Janet,

Maybe you could try the  Goole Library, Carlisle Street, Goole.  Telephone no. 01405 762187.

They used to have a section for local history, probably still do ( I haven't been in there for years).

good luck

Bee
Dinsdale, Ellis, Gee, Goldsmith,Green,Hawks,Holmes,  Lacey, Longhorn, Pickersgill, Quantrill,Tuthill, Tuttle & Walker,  in E & W Yorks, Lincs, Norfolk & Suffolk. Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Karl Newell

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 09 April 18 13:11 BST (UK) »
Hi Janet, I'm new to this site, and just started with looking up my Family tree, looks like we have the same GGF James Frayne from the info I have from my mother not sure if you have this, James Frayne b 4-8-1861 Kilkenny/Wexford (TBC) d?-9-1936 Bradford W Yorkshire, he married Elizer Temple 1891/1892 (TBC). They lived in Doyle Street, 185 Hirst Yard also known as the Sailors Inn. They had 13 children, 6 died in infancy seven survived to adulthood. Mary Eliza, Annie, Gertrude, James, Lawrance, Hilda and Kathleen (My Gran). I know they moved to Castleford W Yorkshie before moving to Bradford Hilda & my Gran were born in Castelford. If you have had any luck with the Irish connection can you let me know. Karl

Offline janet eliza

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 10 April 18 03:09 BST (UK) »
Hi Karl,nice to hear from you I haven't been on here for a long time, I am the granddaughter of Lawrence so your Gran was my great aunt, I’m on my I pad at the moment laptop playing up most of my info is on there, it seems like the beer house moved around Doyle st Eliza temple lived with her dad at 36 Doyle st that was the beer house then she married James Frayne and they had the beer house, I haven't been able to get very far with James but I know his Dad was Michael (I have James wedding cert ) Michael married Ann Harrington in February 1856 in Kilmovee Mayo, I have joined a Facebook page called Mayo Genealogy so hopefully I might find out more, I'm on Facebook Janet Frayne Bailey if you want to message me I'll show you a few photos that I have that I have been unable to identify regards Janet