Author Topic: PRYTHERCH of Llanfairarybryn and Llandovery  (Read 3917 times)

Offline Pat13

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
PRYTHERCH of Llanfairarybryn and Llandovery
« on: Monday 12 June 06 10:49 BST (UK) »
Is anyone researching this Prytherch family? I have got back to Thomas, born 1813 who married (1) a Mary and (2) Anne Davies. Between the two wives he had about 11 children.
His father was Rees Prytherch who was dead by 1860. There is a Rees Prytherch on both the 1841 and 1851 census returns who was born around 1780. His wife was Gwen, born 1772. Both born in Llanfairarybryn. I have been unable to confirm whether or not this is the right Rees.
Children of Thomas and Mary were Rees 1834, John 1836, Thomas 1837, Elinor 1839, David 1846, Anne 1850.
Children of Thomas and Anne were Jane 1855, Margaret 1857, Evan 1861 Rees 1866 and John 1870.
Any information on any member of this family would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you.

Offline blackbill44

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: PRYTHERCH of Llanfairarybryn and Llandovery
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 31 October 10 19:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Are you still researching the PRYTHERCH of Llanfairarybryn.
I am researching Rees Price SHUTT, he  appears on the 1841 & 1851 census living at Parkwern, Llanfairarybryn with the PRYTHERCH family, sister Anne. His twin (presumably) brother Frederick is in the 41 census but not in the 51 census.
Strangely Rees and Elizabeth PRYTHERCH who are in the 1841 census appear to have changed names to Rees and Elizabeth WILLIAMS (their ages both fit) in the 1851 census.
In the 1861 census, Mary PRICE, William PRYTHERCH and Anne SHUTT are living in Garden Street, Llandovery, with Ann shown as Mary PRICE's daughter - which suggests that Mary is also the mother of Rees Price SHUTT. Interestingly there is a Mary PRICE in the 1851 Llanfairarybryn census, around the correct age, who is working as a servant  for Rees PRICE. Could there be a link between Rees PRICE & Rees Price SHUTT?
In the 1871 census William PRYTHERCH is given as the father of Mary PRICE.
There is another SCHUTT family living in Bronfelin, Llanfairarybryn at the time of the 1841 census who have a brood of children around the same ages as Rees  & Anne SHUTT - they are all related - but I don't know how?
I don't know if this has any links to the PRYTHERCH's you were searching!!

Offline sitush

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: PRYTHERCH of Llanfairarybryn and Llandovery
« Reply #2 on: Friday 29 December 17 14:45 GMT (UK) »
Evan Prytherch (b 1861), mentioned in the first post, died 7 July 1931 and was buried at Allerton Cemetery, Liverpool, plot NC/16/3072. Quite a few of his descendants live in the area.