Author Topic: ROBLIN/ROBLYN/ROBLING, Pembrokeshire, Wales, All dates  (Read 5550 times)

Offline lsherman

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
ROBLIN/ROBLYN/ROBLING, Pembrokeshire, Wales, All dates
« on: Sunday 08 February 04 23:11 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

I have history on the Roblins after they immigrated to the US and then to Canada. We are trying to link them to their family or origin in Pembrokeshire, Wales.

Our Roblins are: Owen, Philip, John, Stephen, Edward....another line which we have not yet been able to connect is Lewis and Peter and also Abraham.

All of these individuals were in New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania in the mid 1800's.

I have an Owen Roblin who is in PA in 1722.....now I need to find an Owen Roblin who left Wales prior to 1722 for the Americas.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Regards,
Linda Herman
Maryland :D

Offline tyroneroblin

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re:Roblin/Roblyn/Robling Family of Pembrokeshire, Wales
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 18 May 04 20:17 BST (UK) »
hi there,  i was searching my name (tyrone roblin) on google and your posting popped up at the bottom of the page.  though i can't help much with your quiry i do know that my roblin's came the same route at the same time so that chances of us being related is not too hard to imagine.  unfortunately i know very little and was too young to care when my grandparents would talk about it now they are either dead or can't remember their own name.  i remember that they were loyalists and that was part of the reason they migrated to canada and i that the most prominent roblin i'm aware of is duff roblin the former premier of manitoba.

i live in vancouver, bc, spent the last 3 years in new york and would like very much to find out more about my roots so if we can help each other get more info that would be great.

thanks in advance,

tyrone

Offline thomasjking

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: ROBLIN/ROBLYN/ROBLING, Pembrokeshire, Wales, All dates
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 24 February 05 10:43 GMT (UK) »
hello
i am looking for a sarah seton roblyn in canada around 1832
died around 1854
married to john miller hamilton
maybe around  listowell, onatrio
any help would be great
tom

Offline lsherman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 25 February 05 04:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

All the Roblins in Canada in 1832 seemed to be of the same family. There are several Sarah's but I do not know of a middle name of Seton....I would like to know more about this lady.

I do have a John Hamilton (b.d. unknown) married to Matilda R. Roblin b.c. 1821. They had 4 children that I know of:
John Philip
George
Agnes
Matilda

I wonder if there is some connection.

Regards,
Linda Herman

Offline lsherman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 25 February 05 04:12 GMT (UK) »
Hello Tyrone,

It is likely that your family and the Roblins I research are one and the same. Some of our Roblins did migrate to British Columbia....I have been in touch with some of them. Duff Roblin from Manitoba is also a part of the same clan.

I need to know your grandparents names before I can help you much more. I do not have your name in my data base but do have present day Roblins from that area.....so it should not be difficult to fill in the blanks.

Regards,
Linda Herman

Offline Johneeee

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 21 April 06 00:05 BST (UK) »
Wonder if the John Roblyn mentioned could be the one born in New York and moved to Canada at the time of the American Revolution. He was a Loyalist and is listed in the United Empire Loyalist catalogue. My family is descended from him through the marriage of his daughter Nancy to a Flagler. Would be very interesting to trace this line back to Wales and the time of immigration. We live in Canada.

John.

Offline joerobga

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 12 March 07 20:20 GMT (UK) »
Our branch of the family is Robling and has been in the USA since before the first US 1790 census in North Carolina.  Family oral history was that Lewis Robling (Roblin in 1790 census and Robling in 1800 census) came to USA from Wales.  The Lewis Robling part of the family moved to Pike County in southern Indiana in 1820 and most of that branch are still in Indiana, and the John Robling part of the family stayed in North Carolina, then Rowan County, now Davidson County area.  Our information is sketchy, but Lewis Robling may have been born in 1767 in Pembrokeshire, Wales, UK, which would mean that he either immigrated at a young age or with his parents.  He may have married Polly Gibbson in North Carolina in about 1790.  He may have had a brother named John Robling who would have also been born in Pembrokeshire around the same time.  We have never been able to find documentation from Wales that definitely refers to this Lewis Robling or John Robling.  From the 1791 birth of Peter J. Robling, son of Lewis Robling, forward our family information is well documented by census records, birth, marriage and death records, and land ownership records in Pike County, Indiana from 1820 forward.