Author Topic: james frayne c.1871  (Read 4717 times)

Offline janet eliza

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
james frayne c.1871
« on: Sunday 24 October 04 16:03 BST (UK) »
my great grandfather was born in county mayo in 1871,he moved to goole in yorkshire, he is on the 1901 census and was living in doyle street which was the sailorshome beerhouse he was married to eliza and at the time of the census they had three children my gradfather lawrence was born two months after the census was taken,im not sure where to look for information about his family in ireland, can anyone help in my search?

Offline Wack

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: james frayne c.1871
« Reply #1 on: Monday 08 November 04 20:38 GMT (UK) »
I've just started to look into my mothers ancestors in Ireland.
according to my mum there was talk about some of the family living in Goole.

My great great grandfather was Michael Byrne. He was the son of John Byrne and Bridget 'Biddy' Judge. He was baptized in 1859 he had 9 siblings. They lived in Kilmovee (Kilkelly) Mayo.
One of the children was called Eliza. I don't know if there is any connection here but in this list I have the name Frain/Freyne figures a lot. I'll try and figure some of these connections out. There is a site called 'Mayo on the move' from which you may be able to get some info. Do any of these names ring any Bells: Honor Byrne, Patrick and Ellen Snee.
1. 1870 Margaret Byrne bapt. spons. Michael Freyne & Kate Byrne
2.  1872 Honor Byrne bapt. spons John Frain & Bridget Callaghan
3. 1876 Eliza bapt. spons Tom Byrne & Catherine Byrne
4. 1878 Ellen bapt. spons Bridget Freyne & Anne Beirne
Hope this starts you off!
Wroe, Tattersall, Byrne (Lancs) Byrne (Mayo) Stone (Lancs & USA)

Offline kated

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Woman on the ground
    • View Profile
Re: james frayne c.1871
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 01 December 04 10:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

You should search the birth indexes for James. They are available in the Dublin GRO and on film at your local family history centre.

Kate

my great grandfather was born in county mayo in 1871,he moved to goole in yorkshire, he is on the 1901 census and was living in doyle street which was the sailorshome beerhouse he was married to eliza and at the time of the census they had three children my gradfather lawrence was born two months after the census was taken,im not sure where to look for information about his family in ireland, can anyone help in my search?
Census transcriptions Crown Copyright, www.NationalArchives.gov.uk

Prior,Blyth,Ellis:Halstead, Ramsey Essex
Blyth,Faeres,Smith:Suffolk
Ballard, Driscoll, Costen,Miller:Kent
Driscoll, Ragan: Cork
Miller: Hardwick
Hardy: Burton, Derby, Ruddington