Author Topic: Dunn's - Fettercairn, Kincardineshire- 1841/51/61 census  (Read 9904 times)

Offline BoBo

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Dunn's - Fettercairn, Kincardineshire- 1841/51/61 census
« Reply #18 on: Friday 30 June 06 21:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Isles
Many thanks for all your help.  Yes as always I have more searching to do.  I noticed your names that you are researching and I have found a William Burness born approx 1825 who was married to an Isabella Sherret.  Have you that William in your tree and, of course, Isabella?
BoBo
UK - Dunn, Lands, Knight, Wickes, Hawkins, Rumbelow, Low & Jolly
Malta - Camilleri, Aguis Delicata, Sciberras & Navarro

Offline Isles

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 30 June 06 22:38 BST (UK) »
Afraid not BoBo.  Apart from my gt-gt grandmother Ann Sherret, whom I mentioned in a previous post, her sister-in-law Elspeth Burness married a James Sherret in 1797 at Benholm.  According to the entry in the O.P.R. he came from Fordoun.
I haven't forgotten my promise to look up the Fettercairn deaths at Stonehaven Library for your William Dunn.  It's just been one damned thing after another lately  ;D

Isles.

1927 - 2010

Burness; Dickson; Moncur; Bowman

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Breanox

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 15 June 15 11:06 BST (UK) »
I know this is an old post but I am searching for an oil painting of my 4th great grandfather Alexander Stephen which I believe went to his granddaughter Isabella Sherret.  Would anyone on here no the whereabouts of this portrait of him after the death of Isabella in approx 1919?  Thanks.

Offline Richard Dunn

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 29 November 19 21:57 GMT (UK) »
William Dunn born 1869?

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 30 November 19 00:38 GMT (UK) »
William Dunn born 1869?

Welcome to Rootschat Richard but the thread looks a bit of an anomaly, moving from the 'Subject' Heading of Dunn to Sherret.

I don't see anything on the thread related with 'Dunn' i.e. may I suggest you open a new thread for your query which will attract more input but you will need to add a bit more info. I'm afraid as a name & date isn't much to go on.

Names of parents/siblings/wife/middle names, anything at all for others to relate too?

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"