Author Topic: Looking for a death & marriage pls.  (Read 1635 times)

Offline Shash

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Looking for a death & marriage pls.
« on: Sunday 24 October 04 19:52 BST (UK) »
My ancestors are John Thomas YOUNG and wife Louisa WHYBROW. I have them in the 1871 census of Fisherton Anger Wilts. They were both 39 years of age, therefore born c.1832.
John was born in Linton Kent and Louisa was born in Maidstone Kent. Their first child was born 1864ish in Finchley Mdx and the rest all in Fisherton Anger. ANY ideas on where they may have been married please? Perhaps Finchley?
Louisa died between the 1871 census which she is on and the 1881 census which she is not on. I cannot find her on BDM. Any help/advice appreciated greatly.
BUTCHER, BONE, CALLADINE, COWELL, CROW(E), FITZGERALD, HAMMOND, HEBBORN, LANE, LEWIS, LOUNSBURY, MERRITT, PICKRAM, STEWART, SPRINGSTEAD, SPENCER, TYRELL, TITTERSON, WILSON, YOUNG

Offline eileenb

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for a death & marriage pls.
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 24 October 04 21:45 BST (UK) »
Hi Shash
Have you found other children yet?  Katherine aged 7 seems unlikely to have been the oldest child as the parents could have been married for 20 years by 1871.
Have you posted a look up for 1861 census on the Wilts and Kent boards? 
Hampshire -  Lewis & Mitchell & Hutchins
Lancs - Tattersall & Dillon
Wilts - Vockins, Chapman, Alexander
Fairground Travellers - Dillon Family

Offline Shash

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for a death & marriage pls.
« Reply #2 on: Friday 18 February 05 02:31 GMT (UK) »
Hello eileenb

I apologize for not responding to your kind informative posting to me, but I never received notice
of a posting. Thanks for your tips and I'll try them.

Shash
BUTCHER, BONE, CALLADINE, COWELL, CROW(E), FITZGERALD, HAMMOND, HEBBORN, LANE, LEWIS, LOUNSBURY, MERRITT, PICKRAM, STEWART, SPRINGSTEAD, SPENCER, TYRELL, TITTERSON, WILSON, YOUNG