Author Topic: 'Lost' David Gibson Fleming  (Read 16210 times)

Offline Michael fleming

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 'Lost' David Gibson Fleming
« Reply #36 on: Thursday 19 September 13 21:01 BST (UK) »
I have just tried to send a message via tag210 and was unable to do so, please let me know your e.mail address.

Regards
Michael Fleming

Offline Cliff Parrett

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday 10 January 17 10:14 GMT (UK) »
I am in the process pf clearing the decks prior to moving house and I came across a large envelope  containing a collection of papers, photos and correspondence attributed to David Gibson Fleming MC, 2nd Bn Gordon Highlanders.  I decided to look into the history of this gallant officer and via Google I came across some posts on RootsChats enquiring about DGF's family - one of them from Peter Fleming who I believe is DGF's grandson. I hope a way can be found for returning this small but emotive archive to the family. Almost all of it concerns DGF's services during WW1, but there are also some fascinating bits and pieces deriving from his time in Mexico immediately prior to the outbreak of war.

Offline Cliff Parrett

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday 10 January 17 10:18 GMT (UK) »
In my earlier post I should have specified Michael Fleming and not Peter Fleming. Sorry for the mistake.

Offline Cliff Parrett

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Friday 13 January 17 17:22 GMT (UK) »
In addition to the David Gibson Fleming material that I intend to donate, I have discovered a few WW1-period photos of his brother Guy Roberton Fleming, plus some related bits and pieces, all linked to his service with the Royal Field Artillery.

Offline Michael fleming

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Sunday 22 January 17 20:26 GMT (UK) »
In addition to the David Gibson Fleming material that I intend to donate, I have discovered a few WW1-period photos of his brother Guy Roberton Fleming, plus some related bits and pieces, all linked to his service with the Royal Field Artillery.

Hi Cliff, Not sure if you have been receiving my email replies but just in case, my email address is michaelfleming5871@yahoo.co.uk as you can appreciate I don't really want to put my address on the site. If you wouldn't mind emailing me directly I will give you my address as the family and I are extremely excited about your generous offer of information about my Grandfather. A huge thank you in advance and I await your contact.

Yours Michael Fleming

Offline jaybelnz

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My Runaway Bride! Thanks to Paula Too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Sunday 22 January 17 22:45 GMT (UK) »
Michael, what a great connection you have made with Cliff.  You can contact him directly through the Private message system. Rootschat policy is for no living people details, nor addresses (email or postal) to be posted on the site, and a moderator will very likely remove your email address from the post, as is the normal procedure.

But, as you both have the required number of posts, (3) you can now go ahead with the Private Message method.  Just click on Cliff's user name, and you will see the "send Private message" link. 
Good luck!

"We analyse the evidence to draw a conclusion. The better the sources and information, the stronger the evidence, which leads to a reliable conclusion!" Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk.

MATHEWS, Ireland, England, USA & Canada, NZ
FLEMING,   Ireland
DUNNELL,  England
PAULSON,  England
DOUGLAS, Scotland, Ireland, NZ
WALKER,   Scotland
WATSON,  England, Ayrshire, Scotland, NZ
McAUGHTRIE, Ayrshire, Scotland, NZ
MASON,     Scotland, England, NZ
& Connections