Author Topic: tamlaght Finlagan Records Anyone??  (Read 9481 times)

Offline 4Angels

• RootsChat Extra
  • patiently waiting*
    • View Profile
tamlaght Finlagan Records Anyone??
« on: Friday 16 June 06 13:58 BST (UK) »
Hello All,

I would dearly love to obtain just a little more info about a Rev. William ROBINSON who married Margaret DUNN on 7 Aug 1832 at the Donagheady Church of Ireland. Notes I have for the marriage are
07/08/1832 William Robinson, Margaret Dunn, Rob[ert] Mountgarrett and John Dunn Tamlaght Finlagan [Co Londonderry] & Donagheady .
There was a Rev Wm ROBINSON of Boveagh. After they married they moved to Wm's home at Foyleview Farm Ballykelly. It appears they had no children as Margaret willed the farm to Andrew DUNN, her nephew, who was born abt. 1830 in Ballyskeagh Co. Tyrone to John DUNN.. His wife was Maragert ADAMS dau. of David Adams of Primity Glendermott.

Margaret Robinson's death certificate reads..." date of death 15 Aug. 1888 at Ballykelly Tamlaght Finlagan, Co. Londonderry. Widow age 90, widow of William Robinson, farmer. Cause of death- Senile decay, 1 year, no medical attendant. Informant- Andrew Dunn, nephew, in attendance during last illness.

Some data that I have obtained
1831 Census Index for Co Londonderry and William Robinson (Margaret's husband) is listed.
William - Ballykelly
 it looks like William Robinson took over the farm after the death of his father John Robinson in 1830 and had died prior to the Griffiths Valuation in 1858
Tamlaght Finlagan graveyard
I0058146 JOHN ROBINSON 1830
I0058099 JOHN ROBINSON 1856
I0107803 MARGARET ROBINSON 1888
I0050961 ROBERT ROBINSON 1881

I0019374 WILLIAM ROBINSON 1834 BALLYAGHRAN
I0019722 WILLIAM ROBINSON 1834 AGHADOWEY

Griffiths Valuation of Ballykelly, Parish of Tamlaght Finlagan and see the following -
1a Margaret Robinson leasing from Worshipful Company of Fishmongers - House, offices and land,
22 acres 3 rod 25 perches and 77 acres 0 rod 20 perches,
annual rent £91.10.0
Co. Londonderry Householders Index for Tamlaght Finlagan 1858 includes 2 DUNNE and 2 ROBINSON
Griffith's Valuation- 1858
Ballykelly- Margaret Robinson

Townland Revision Books-
Years 1860-1863
Ballykelly Margaret ROBINSON- name changed in 1861 to Andrew DUNNE.
Margaret ROBINSON  (Husband William ROBINSON) died 15th Aug 1888 aged 90,  and she is buried with her nephew Andrew DUNN, in the Ballykelly New Church  Burying Ground.The headstone for Margaret and Andrew Dunn inBallykelly Church of Ireland graveyard. It includes 3 infant daughters ofAndrew and Margaret:
Bessie G. Dunn
Sarah M. Dunn
Isabella J. Dunn

Years 1864-1880
Ballykelly- Andrew DUNNE no change
Years 1881-1882
Ballykelly- Andrew DUNNE and others (two others entered in 1882, Andrew DUNNE landlord. Mr DUNNE thought that part under the Railway was charged to him. Also, that the road between him and the river ought to be taken from him and his valuation decreased. He admits that the boundary of farm remains unchanged.
Years 1893-1894
Ballykelly- Andrew DUNNE land in fee from 1886.
Years 1895-1909
Ballykelly- Andrew DUNNE (name changed in 1902 to Representatives of Andrew Dunne. In 1906 David DUNNE's name was entered. In 1907 the acreage changed from 100 acres, 5 perches, to 99 acres, 3 roods 5 perches.
Ballykelly- David DUNNE, name changed in 1910 by James BARR. (It appears that a small acreage was set aside for the presbyterian Sunday School at this time.) Note- when David Dunne sold the farm he moved to England. (Note- the Barr's 0wn the farm to this day July 2002).

I would be most **Greatly* for any information regarding these folks, and these locations. Most importantly- William's birth to father John and possible date of death. TIA

??? Cheers~ Ivorie

Adams Dunn Gibson Love Robinson Co's Londonderry & Tyrone
Allport Flower Fox Simpson Thickett WRY
Beavan & Havard
Langston St.John Woodhams

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: tamlaght Finlagan Records Anyone??
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 28 September 08 22:22 BST (UK) »
Going through older posts and came across this one. By now you might have been able to find more information but if you haven't done so here're a few things to consider.

"I0019374 WILLIAM ROBINSON 1834 BALLYAGHRAN
I0019722 WILLIAM ROBINSON 1834 AGHADOWEY"
If this is taken from Irish Genealogy database index then there is likely only one headstone in Ballyaghran rather than both places- for some reason they seem to have duplicated some entries from Ballyaghran and listed them as also in Aghadowey. Only realised this when a friend rang with a very unusual name and asked where in Aghadowey Parish he was buried.

Recently PRONI have put Will Extracts online (www.proni.gov.uk) so it might be worth looking there if you haven't done so already. The site goes down quite often and wasn't working earlier this evening but just keep trying.

Londonderry Sentinel:
3 Apr.1857: At Ballyskeagh, on the 23rd ult., in the parish of Leckpatrick, Jane, daughter of Mr. John Dunn.
17 Dec.1858: On the 9th inst., in the First Presbyterian Church, Donagheady, by the Rev. S.T. Ray, Mr. James Dunn, Ballyskeagh, to Sarah, fourth daughter of the late Mr. William B. Lowrie, Castlemellon.
30 Mar.1864: March 25, at his father's residence, Ballyskeagh, William Dunn, aged 2 years and 1 month.
26 May 1865: May 18, in the Presbyterian Church, Leckpatrick, by the Rev. Joseph Leitch, Isabella, daughter of Mr. John Lowry, Glebe, to Mr. John Dunn, Ballyskeagh.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline lozster

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 09 July 12 13:21 BST (UK) »
Hi Ivorie
I am researching the Dunn's of Creevedonnell and Glenagoorland.  Please contact me and I'll be happy to share what I have.

Regards
Laurie Joyce

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline kingskerswell

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 09 July 12 15:26 BST (UK) »
Laurie,
         Ivorie has not been on this site for almost 5 years.

Regards
Stewart, Irwin, Morrison, Haslett, Murrell - Dungiven area Co. Londonderry
Browne, Barrett -Co.Armagh
Neil, Smyth _Co. Antrim

Offline lozster

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 10 July 12 23:09 BST (UK) »
Sorry about posting the email address and thanks for the response.

Cheers
Laurie