Author Topic: hatherlie high school newport  (Read 31921 times)

Offline philsearch

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: hatherlie high school newport
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 18 February 14 19:55 GMT (UK) »
Just to let you all know there is now a Facebook page called Hatherleigh is best which is an open group. Lots of great photos and memories on there, Phil.
My email address is not working - sorry

Offline Nanny McPhee

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Hatherleig Central school newport
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 21 May 17 14:57 BST (UK) »
I attended Hatherleigh Central School from 1936-1939,at that time Mr. Fred Hando (Nobby) was the Head Master. Ihave attached a Photograph of the School taken in the winter of 1927/8 with a box Browny camera, also the words that I remember of some of the school song "The Severn Fair"

Raymond Rogers
Hi there Raymond.  My mother in law passed away 2 weeks ago, she was 93 and went to your school near enough the same time as you.  Even when she was diagnosed with Dementia she still sang “As we climb the hill to Hatherleigh in the sweet fresh morning air. The birds sing around us merrily And the sun on the Severn shines fair” I am writing this into her Eulogy and the fact One of its famous students at that time was Johnny Morris , television presenter of Animal Magic, and also co-presenter of Tales of the Riverbank.  Lilian Muriel Sadler was born in 1923,Corporation Rd and probably finished school when they moved to Nantgarw, Pontypridd in 1935/36 ish
Brown/Smith/Hunt/Edwards/David/Cawsey/Stokes/Jenkins/Jackson/
GLAMORGANSHIRE/MONMOUTHSHIRE
Brown/Smith/Harding/Pyatt/
SOMERSET
Bodman/Ledbury/Hancock/Morris/
WILTSHIRE
Elsmore/Ellsmore/Long/Heath/Morgan
FOREST OF DEAN