Author Topic: US Census Lookup Offer  (Read 19748 times)

Offline wotty

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: US Census Lookup Offer
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 08 December 04 19:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi there,

Thanks for the kind offer!

I am looking for Miles William MEEHAN. He was born in 1886 in Darlington, England. I do not know when he emigrated to the USA but his wife Alice (born 1887) and children Richard (born 1908 in Darlington), Horace (born 1910 in Doncaster, England) and Kathleen (born 1912 Doncaster) arrived at Ellis Island in 1924. On the ships manifest it says they were going to join Miles Meehan and gave his address as 63 West 130th St, New York.

I have been told by other family members that they finally settled in New Jersey, but I do not know when that was or even if that's correct.

Thank you.

Wotty.
Meehan - Co Durham, Ireland, USA and Canada
Hopps -  Co Durham and N. Yks
Ward, Mortimer, Littleboy - Norfolk
Angus -  Co Durham
Pyle -  Co Durham and Northumberland
Rowntree -  N Yks and Co Durham
Ridley - Co Durham
Kelly -  Co Durham and Ireland

Offline Daisyroot

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 09 December 04 23:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi Markie,Thanks for the offer...
I am looking for Edward Ogston..he was born in Aberdeen 1839 and died in Washinton 1862..I am sorry but that's about as much as i know about him...finger's crossed anyway!!!
All census information is Crown Copyright and from  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/<br /><br />

Offline grub

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Xander
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 10 December 04 14:00 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for Edward Ogston..he was born in Aberdeen 1839 and died in Washinton 1862..I am sorry but that's about as much as i know about him...finger's crossed anyway!!!

Florence, found the following

Ogston, Edward
Place:  Washington     Year:  1862     
Primary immigrant:  Ogston, Edward     
Permanent entry number:  4346467     
Source publication code:  1640.10.5     
Source publication page number:  71     
Source publication:  DOBSON, DAVID. Scots in the USA and Canada, 1825-1875. Baltimore, MD: Clearfield Company, Inc., 2000. 102p.     
Source annotation:  Most are date and place of death or other mention in the New World; some are date and port of arrival. Place of birth, place of origin, name of parent(s), occupation, and place of settlement may also be provided. Reference to original record and other genealogical information are also provided.     

The image of the above page reads:

Ogston, Edward, born 1840, son of James Ogston in Wester Fintray died in Washington 22.5.1862 (AJ#5980)

On New York Passenger Lists 1851 - 1891

Arrival Date: 19 August, 1859
POD: Liverpool
POA: New York
Ship Name: Neptune

OGSTON, Edward, Age 21, Male, Draper, born Scotland, destination: USA

Have not found him on the 1860 US census.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Valerie
Bayley, Dorset, Lancashire, Yorkshire, Cheshire and others.
Antrobus, Somerset/Glouster
Skelton, Heslington, Yorkshire
James, Norfolk, and London
Delasalle, London area
Gravett/Grevet, Surrey
Also searching the above in Australia

“Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Daisyroot

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 10 December 04 19:50 GMT (UK) »
Excellent!!!Thank you for taking the time to look Grub..
All census information is Crown Copyright and from  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/<br /><br />

Offline carlau_2003

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday 12 January 05 20:14 GMT (UK) »
Dear Everyone (and Valerie):

I am looking for information regarding the arrival of First name: Giuseppe (or Guiseppe or Joseph), Surname: Brando ; he arrived in New York somewhere between 1877 and 1880, probably with Domenico (or Dominick) Brando (his toddler). I know that you have been looking up passenger ships from England in the New York passengers lists from 1851-1891 which also include ships and passengers from Italy.

Could somebody please be so kind to let me know if you find the arrival info of Guiseppe or Guiseppe or Joseph and last name Brando?  If so I wish it is included port of departure, city of origin, date of arrival, etc. Thanks!

Carla

Florence, found the following

Ogston, Edward
Place:  Washington     Year:  1862     
Primary immigrant:  Ogston, Edward     
Permanent entry number:  4346467     
Source publication code:  1640.10.5     
Source publication page number:  71     
Source publication:  DOBSON, DAVID. Scots in the USA and Canada, 1825-1875. Baltimore, MD: Clearfield Company, Inc., 2000. 102p.     
Source annotation:  Most are date and place of death or other mention in the New World; some are date and port of arrival. Place of birth, place of origin, name of parent(s), occupation, and place of settlement may also be provided. Reference to original record and other genealogical information are also provided.     

The image of the above page reads:

Ogston, Edward, born 1840, son of James Ogston in Wester Fintray died in Washington 22.5.1862 (AJ#5980)

On New York Passenger Lists 1851 - 1891

Arrival Date: 19 August, 1859
POD: Liverpool
POA: New York
Ship Name: Neptune

OGSTON, Edward, Age 21, Male, Draper, born Scotland, destination: USA

Have not found him on the 1860 US census.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Valerie

Offline talkin_61

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday 12 January 05 21:55 GMT (UK) »
Carla....

I was unable to find a Guiseppe Brando that fit your info.. however I did find a Domenico Brando aged 4 with an Angelo aged 4 mos. I will put in those entries as follows with the woman before and the woman after as a possible person with whom the children were traveling.. I hope this helps........]

Name: Angelo Brando
Arrival Date: 8 Nov 1880
Estimated Birth Year: 1880
Age Months: 4
Port of Departure: Mediterranean Ports
Destination: United States of America
Place of Origin: Italy
Ship Name: Castalia
Port of Arrival: New York
Line: 24   Microfilm Roll: 432    List Number: 1456

Name: Domenico Brando
Arrival Date: 8 Nov 1880
Estimated Birth Year: 1876
Port of Departure: Mediterranean Ports
Destination: United States of America
Place of Origin: Italy
Ship Name: Castalia
Port of Arrival: New York
Line: 23        Microfilm Roll: 432        List Number: 1456

woman before...

Name: Paolina Sica Arrival Date: 8 Nov 1880 Estimated Birth Year: 1855 Age: 25 Gender: Female Port of Departure: Mediterranean Ports Destination: United States of America Place of Origin: Italy Ship Name: Castalia Port of Arrival: New York Line: 22 Microfilm Roll: 432 List Number: 1456

Woman after....

Name: Maria Maresca Arrival Date: 8 Nov 1880 Estimated Birth Year: 1848 Age: 32 Gender: Female Port of Departure: Mediterranean Ports Destination: United States of America Place of Origin: Italy Ship Name: Castalia Port of Arrival: New York Line: 25 Microfilm Roll: 432 List Number: 1456

again.. I hope this helps..

Jennifer
Moon - Sussex - Shoreham, Rye
Elphick - Sussex
Dinnage - Sussex - Shoreham
Austen - Sussex
Rodwell - Yorkshire - Skipton area
Falsham - Yorkshire - Skipton area

Offline carlau_2003

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday 12 January 05 21:58 GMT (UK) »
Dear Jennifer:

Thank you so much for your help, but as far as I know my ancestor Guiseppe/Giuseppe (or Joseph or Jose) Brando arrived and stayed in USA for a couple of years and then departed from USA around 1881. He was living in Manhattan as per the 1880 census of June /1880. I know that he arrived between 1877 and 6/1880. I knew he had a kid not 2, is there any information regarding Guiseppe or Giuseppe or Joseph or Jose Brando few years before 1881 available? If so it will be great, if not thank you so much anyway for all your help.

PS: If somebody has more info than what pedigree is showing in the 1880 census that would be great, since it doesn't mention (pedigree's file) which city they were from, and if not if somebody has a scanned image of the census page that would be great. THanks.

Offline carlau_2003

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday 12 January 05 22:47 GMT (UK) »
Sorry do not know how to delete it.

Offline krissy

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Krissy always in the clouds
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Monday 07 March 05 23:55 GMT (UK) »
hi marky,
have asked around for this one but seems the replies are a bit vague so if you have time can you check out a frederick jefferis/jefferies etc, for me . only facts i have to go on are that he arrived canada 1914 , served with expeditionary forces then possibly ended up in mass, but not sure unless i can get censuses checked he was born 1894/5 in bristol england son of william and emma , he never returned to uk to live so settled somewhere all info points to u.s can you help please,
many thanks
krissy :o
jefferis, jefferies, harding, dewar.drummond, waterfield,wright