Author Topic: James Aiken  (Read 4213 times)

Offline Karenl

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
James Aiken
« on: Monday 09 February 04 20:34 GMT (UK) »
I am trying to find information on a James Aiken, he was born in Ballyclare in 1820, his father was William.  He then married a Concordia (Caroline) Barker in Middlesex UK in 1844.
Barker, Aiken, Wilden, Bruce, Easter, Spencer, Fretwell, Pond

Offline Ticker

• User is no longer receiving email notifications.
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Follow me on twitter @ShaunTymon.
    • View Profile
Re: James Aiken
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 12 December 04 23:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi Karen

Sorry we haven't been able to help you so far on this one. 

Have you made any progress,  or do you have any further details that could help someone to find what you are looking for?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes 

Ticker
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 06 April 05 13:08 BST (UK) »
Hi Karen,

Do you know which branch of the Christian faith was followed by James and Concordia (Caroline) ?

Offline Jaiken

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 08 March 19 23:45 GMT (UK) »
If Karen or anyone else looking for information finds their way here, despite the 14 year gap, please feel free to contact me. James Aiken was a soldier who guarded the Tower of London. I could probably find an approximate year that he came to the United Kingdom. I am however looking for information on his father William and any I formation his mother. Anything before this would obviously also be amazing.

Offline rathmore

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 09 March 19 12:04 GMT (UK) »
record on find my past of a James Aiken born 1821 in the army.

http://www.findmypast.co.uk

also his wedding on this site.

Offline MrsMoneypenny1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 22 February 22 18:31 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so much for this message - I’m a few years late now so not sure if you are still on here, I know his father was a stonemason but that’s all the info I have and know nothing of his mother

If Karen or anyone else looking for information finds their way here, despite the 14 year gap, please feel free to contact me. James Aiken was a soldier who guarded the Tower of London. I could probably find an approximate year that he came to the United Kingdom. I am however looking for information on his father William and any I formation his mother. Anything before this would obviously also be amazing.

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 23 February 22 10:41 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so much for this message - I’m a few years late now so not sure if you are still on here, I know his father was a stonemason but that’s all the info I have and know nothing of his mother

Jaiken was last online here yesterday at 19:28 so hopefully he/she should be receiving e-mail notifications and will respond to your post.

KG

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo