Author Topic: Whiteabbey Corrigans and Logues  (Read 2869 times)

Offline Mollyrose

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Whiteabbey Corrigans and Logues
« on: Friday 23 June 06 12:01 BST (UK) »
Hi
can anyone help me I am trying to find out if  Sarah and Joseph Corrigan or Mary Logue lived in Shore Road Whiteabbey between 1890 and 1915 my mother and uncle  were brought up with the Corrigans and their sister was brought up with the Logues from 1917 onward but not sure if they lived there long before then, any information would be great.
Thanks Jo.
Co Antrim - O'Neill, Butler, Logue, Corrigan,
Co Armagh - Grew. McGarry, McGrane, McGrann

Offline Sceal99

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Whiteabbey Corrigans and Logues
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 02 May 18 20:15 BST (UK) »
Hello from Chicago,

My gt grandfather, Michael Corrigan was born in 1843 at Annesbrough, Co Down. He had several brothers, not all yet identified. One was Patrick Corrigan who was born 1841 at Annesbrough. This Patrick was the father of Patrick Joseph who was born in 1865 and he married Sarah Butler. I still have a lot of sorting out to do. Patrick Joseph had a sister Elizabeth born in 1873. Some of Patrick, 1841’s family went to Belfast and some stayed in Castlewellan or the neighboring Ballylough.
     Minchael. Corrigan  left Ireland about 1870 and went to Cumbria and in 1893 his wife Elizabeth with my grandfather and 6 or 7 daughters emigrated to Chicago, joining up with Michael and the two eldest daughters.
     If you would like to use email, mine is (*) . I have an Ancestry tree Co Down Corrigans and would appreciate any info you might like to share.
     All the best,
     John Corrigan

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Whiteabbey Corrigans and Logues
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 02 May 18 21:11 BST (UK) »
The original poster hasn't been online since 2010 and the message under their avatar says their email address isn't working so they might not see your post.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!