Author Topic: TINDALL, MASTERMAN, HAWKINS, LEVANS and THOMPSON - research from Australia  (Read 4309 times)

Offline Coriolana

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
TINDALL, MASTERMAN, HAWKINS, LEVANS and THOMPSON - research from Australia
« on: Tuesday 10 February 04 12:00 GMT (UK) »
HI,

I'm researching the following line from Australia:

John TINDALL b. 11 Nov 1779, Willitoft, Bubwith m. 2 Dec 1802 at Bubwith to Charlotte THOMPSON.

John was tried for burglary on the 15th July 1809 at York and sentenced to death. The sentence was commuted to transportation for life.  He was transported to Australia on the 'Indian' arriving in 1810.  Charlotte joined him in Australia.  

John's parents are beleived to be John TINDALL b. 6 April 1751 m. 24 Nov 1776 at Bubwith to Frances HAWKINS.   This John's parent's beleived to be Richard TINDALL  and Helen MASTERMAN.  Richard's parents believed to be Thomas TINDALL and Margaret CUTHBERT.  Helen MASTERMAN's parents believed to be William MASTERMAN and Elizabeth LEVANS.

Confirmation of these details is needed.  I'd like to contact any reseearcher of these families.

regards  ;D
Carol from OZ.
ALLAN BARWICK BIRMINGHAM BRYANT BURTON CAMERON CASSELS CELEY CUTHBERT DAVIES DAWSON DEAN DWYER EDDIE FITZGERALD FLOOD FLOYER GRANT GREEN HAWKINS HIMES LEVANS LONG MASTERMAN MAXWELL MCINTYRE MCLENNAN MCPHERSON MCVIE MOSS NORMAN ODONNELL PLACE PLAYER PULLEY ROGERS ROPE SINCLAIR STEED & OTHERS

Offline nutkin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My reason for digging! Two nutkins!
    • View Profile
Re:TINDALL, MASTERMAN, HAWKINS, LEVANS and THOMPSON - research from Australia
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 04 July 04 01:41 BST (UK) »
I am not sure if this will assist you but I have a cd of East Riding Parish records.  I have listed the ones that may be applicable.  Some of the dates are off from what you listed but may help none the less.

Settrington PR
Jno. Tindall par. Beaston & Ann Moon of this mar. by B.  29 Apr 1798  by R. Gilbert.--Wit. Rob. Tindall Tho. Monkman & Rob. Monkman

Howeden PR- Bapt
05 Dec 1731 John, S. to John Tindall, of Yokefleet.
05 Feb 1732 Thomas, S. to John Tindall, of Yoakfleet.
Jonathan, son of John Tindall, of Thorp lidget.  01 Jan 1749.

Howeden Burial
09 Oct 1729 Jno., S. to John Tindall, Cotness.
John, S. to John Tindall, of Yoakfleet.  17 Mar 1740.

Bubwith PR
 17 Dec 1756 Maria D: of Richd Tindall of Brighton bapt.
10 Mar 1759 Catherine Tindall of Spaldington buried

Drypool PR- bapt
15 Mar 1792 William s John Tindall

Brandesburton Burials
25 May 1812 John Tindal

-Kristin
George William Burke.. my missing link!! son of Wm Burke & Mary Jane Stone/Morris
Shields & Milner- Patrington  & Bilton, Yorkshire<br />Nixon & Bowers - Appleby, Broughton & Messingham, Lincolnshire<br />Hancock &Tyson- Tetford, Skendleby & Spilsby, Lincolnshire<br />Cochrane- Darvel, Loudon, Ayrshire<br />Yuill, Hardie- Paisley, Renfrewshire<br />Kennedy, Gardener & Clelland- Glasgow, Lanarkshire & Paisley, Renfrewshire<br /><br />Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchive

Offline Coriolana

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re:TINDALL, MASTERMAN, HAWKINS, LEVANS and THOMPSON - research from Australia
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 04 July 04 03:20 BST (UK) »
Kristin

Thanks, I'll check all that information against what I have.  I appreciate the effort you have taken. ;D ;D

Carol
ALLAN BARWICK BIRMINGHAM BRYANT BURTON CAMERON CASSELS CELEY CUTHBERT DAVIES DAWSON DEAN DWYER EDDIE FITZGERALD FLOOD FLOYER GRANT GREEN HAWKINS HIMES LEVANS LONG MASTERMAN MAXWELL MCINTYRE MCLENNAN MCPHERSON MCVIE MOSS NORMAN ODONNELL PLACE PLAYER PULLEY ROGERS ROPE SINCLAIR STEED & OTHERS

Offline tracy67

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: TINDALL, MASTERMAN, HAWKINS, LEVANS and THOMPSON - research from Australia
« Reply #3 on: Monday 09 November 15 10:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi Carol,

(I'm researching the following line from Australia:
John TINDALL b. 11 Nov 1779, Willitoft, Bubwith m. 2 Dec 1802 at Bubwith to Charlotte THOMPSON.
John was tried for burglary on the 15th July 1809 at York and sentenced to death. The sentence was commuted to transportation for life.  He was transported to Australia on the 'Indian' arriving in 1810.  Charlotte joined him in Australia. 
John's parents are believed to be John TINDALL b. 6 April 1751 m. 24 Nov 1776 at Bubwith to Frances HAWKINS.   This John's parent's believed to be Richard TINDALL  and Helen MASTERMAN.  Richard's parents believed to be Thomas TINDALL and Margaret CUTHBERT.  Helen MASTERMAN's parents believed to be William MASTERMAN and Elizabeth LEVANS.

Confirmation of these details is needed.  I'd like to contact any researcher of these families.)

all the information you have posted is correct this is what I have, what I am a little lost on is all the children John and Charlotte had as some were in England and Australia?? do you have much on the children..

Cheers
Tracy67
Australia