Author Topic: NIMMO and RANKIN  (Read 7545 times)

Offline rockybay

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: NIMMO and RANKIN
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 17 September 09 01:01 BST (UK) »
I know little about my Nimmo and Rankin families.  I'm looking for a William Nimmo married to an Agnes Russell.  They had a daughter, Jean/Jane, who was my great-great-great grandmother. 

The Rankin connection is even further back.  It is Janet Rankin married to a James Nimmo.  The parents of William, I believe. 

My research keeps me in the Bo'ness and Linlithgow areas.  I wish I could help with the connection between the families you mentioned.  My connection might now be correct.  Hope someone can help me, too.

Thanks.

Offline kiwicatz

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Mum, Vera Warren aged 7 at 32 Millais Rd Enfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 24 April 10 04:33 BST (UK) »
I know little about my Nimmo and Rankin families.  I'm looking for a William Nimmo married to an Agnes Russell.  They had a daughter, Jean/Jane, who was my great-great-great grandmother. 

The Rankin connection is even further back.  It is Janet Rankin married to a James Nimmo.  The parents of William, I believe. 

My research keeps me in the Bo'ness and Linlithgow areas.  I wish I could help with the connection between the families you mentioned.  My connection might now be correct.  Hope someone can help me, too.

Thanks.

Your post interests me - I have Boags from Abercorn (William Boag abt 1801, married abt 1821  Elizabeth Robinson/Robertson b abt 1801m - Their secon child was Agnes Nimmo Boag b 1847 Abercorn. I am very new to Scottish research - so far I find people in either Nova Scotia, Canada, NZ, Australia and USA and try to go backwards,  but I cannot afford to subscribe to scottish records at this time, and have to rely on what I can find on Ancestry, etc.
Regards
Jan
NSW Australia
Enfield/Edmonton: Warren Ridler Jenkins Card Stevens Shelton Tookey
Stourpaine Dorset: Ball Haine/Hain/Hayne, Ferrett New Light Roberts Coward Read others
Ontario, Canada: Wallace Blow Goodson
Tampa, Florida: Goodson
Michigan: Coleman, Goodson
Newport Mon: Hopes, Evans Haines Ball Harris
Louth/Sleaford: Goodson Cartwright Crosby Burkitt Pacey + others
Norfolk Palmer, Smith, Moore
Ross Shire: McKenzie Fraser McDonald McLennan
Ayrshire: Wallace Patrick Dickson

Offline IanO

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 20 August 10 14:57 BST (UK) »
Although my Nimmo's originate in Bo'Ness, they have travelled the short distance to Muiravonsdie, and several families appear there mid to late 1800's

Offline agnieszka

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 07 September 10 18:18 BST (UK) »
i looked up Scotlands People for marriage of William Nimmo and Agnes Russell.
No marriages are recorded under these names either in OPR or Statutory records.
Do you have the correct names?

Offline kalesha

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 17 February 16 17:09 GMT (UK) »
i have nimmos  going back marion nimmo was my gg gran she married james white son of john white and livingston heeps  . i think robert nimmo was marions father but without dragging out all my papers i cant be sure