Author Topic: Surname Interest - DARVELL - Chesham  (Read 20011 times)

Offline teddybear1843

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Surname Interest - DARVELL - Chesham
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 02 May 09 17:33 BST (UK) »
Any of you got a Joseph Darvell/Dorvell born c1828?

Lived in the Waterside area.

Get in touch please.

Teddy
 ;)
Bear, Burrows, Burroughs, Goll, Mayes, Yull, Bacon, Harvey, Fenn, Youngman, Jary, Lake, Chesney, Yaxley, Freestone, Briggs, Carrington, Frarey, Blaxter, Bennefer, Gosman, Howard, Wildman, Woodbine, Jessop, Taylor, Walpole, etc etc  all in Norfolk.
Weasenham village history and families connected to the villages of Weasenham All Saints & Saint Peter in Norfolk.  Happy to carry out research in Norfolk.  Please PM for details.

Offline annelsie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 04 May 09 21:54 BST (UK) »
Daurus - hello -have just read your message - would be grateful for any information you have on the George Darvel who married into the Miller family of Berkhammsted  Annelsie

Offline ROBERTA DARVELL

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 15 May 09 21:52 BST (UK) »
HI DARAUS
I AM RESEARCHING THE DARVELL FAMILY FROM CHESHAM. I HAVE A DIRECT LINE BACK TO WILLIAM DARVELL AND FANNY WARE. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHO WILLIAMS PARENTS WERE? ;)
ROBERTA

Offline KBC

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 12 August 10 00:54 BST (UK) »
Just stumbled across this post.

I am related to Ware Darvel b. 1827 in Chesham. He son (Daniel Ware Darvell b. 1876 in Chesham) was the father of my Nan (Emily Rose Darvell b. 1898 in Amersham).

Any links/info would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Offline ROBERTA DARVELL

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 12 August 10 20:49 BST (UK) »
Hi

Ware Darvell is in my tree his father was John Darvell who married Elizabeth Collyer. Johns parents were William Darvell and Fanny Ware who are my 4x gt grandparents. My line goes from Johns brother Matthew. All from Chesham Bucks

Hope this helps Roberta 

Offline KBC

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 12 August 10 21:22 BST (UK) »
Roberta,

Thank you SO much; that's fabulous.  I love you!

Being really cheeky, do you have an birth, death. marriage details?

I remember May Ann Palmer (b 1877) who was married to Daniel Ware Darvell (Ware Darells son), as she lived with My Nan (her daughter - Emily Rose Darvell b 1898) until she died. I have a great photograph of us together.

Thanks again, for taking the time to reply.

Keith

Offline ROBERTA DARVELL

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 13 August 10 02:03 BST (UK) »
Hi Keith
William Darvell was b abt 1745 I have not been able to find a baptism for him he married Fanny Ware(b 1747)in 1769 in Chesham. Son John was born 1789 he married Elizabeth Collyer in1810 Chesham. They had 13 children Ware Darvell b1826 m Mary Luckett in 1848 and married a second time to Mary Caroline Batchelor in 1867.
children Charles b1856 George b 1859 Rose b 1862 Walter b 1864 Elizabeth b 1866
and Daniel I think b1876 not sure.
John d 1846 in the 1841 census he was a bricklayer.

Hope this makes sense   

Roberta                Would love to see the photo!!!!

Offline Kapua

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 12 June 12 05:44 BST (UK) »
Look to see if my line of Darvell (Darvill) was married to Thomas Harding the martyr of Chesham.  Our family line comes from Chesham, England.  My father is Arthur John Darvill (1930) - His father was Frederick John Darvill (Baker)1899-1987 was married to Bernice Nutter. His father Fredrick Darville (Baker) 1874-1952 was married to Lizzie Gomm. His father Fredrick Darvill (Carpenter) 1853-1891 was married to Elizabeth.  His father William Darvill (Wheelwright) 1927-1860 was married to Elenor.  His father Jacob Darvill (Farmer) 1796-1854 was married twice (Mary & Elizabeth).  That's where I get stuck,  Anyone researching this line?  I was once told we were related to Thomas Harding of Chesham, but I can't get back far enough to see if he might have been married to a Darvill or Darvell.  I know Thomas' wife's first name was Alice.  Any info would be appreciated from this Darvill line. Thank you!  Nancy Ann Darvill Lee (aka Kapua)

Offline timdar

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Saturday 19 November 16 15:24 GMT (UK) »
Kapua:
I have long had a DARVALL one-name study, which has its roots in Buckinghamshire.  When I saw your interest in the name Jacob Darvell of Chesham, I thought this might link to the Quaker Darvalls of Gt Missenden/Lee/Chesham, who all had biblical names such as Simon/Samuel/Jacob.  My research in that area does not go much beyond 1750 as the spelling had usually become distinctly -ILL or -ELL by then and I am primarily looking at the origins of those bearing the -ALL name today.  But I have for instance Jacob Darvall (d.1733) who had no children but names his nephew Jacob Darvell as principal beneficiary under his will dated 1733.  Happy to give you more detail on this if of interest after all this time?
Tim