Author Topic: Surname Interest - DARVELL - Chesham  (Read 19995 times)

Offline AHC

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Surname Interest - DARVELL - Chesham
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 23 August 07 16:01 BST (UK) »
Hi again

Just had a quick look at the info I have, which I have found via ancestry.com or from others connected to the tree.  Some of it I haven't investigated further to confirm the info as yet but it might be of use to you anyway. 

William Darvell b c1746 m Fanny Ware c1746 19 Oct 1769
Children - Thomas b 1770, John b 1772, William b 1773, Elizabeth b 1775 (think died 1776), Elizabeth b 1778, Joseph b ?. Matthew b 5/5/1781 (you have him b 1772).

I was aware of Matthew's marriage to Charlotte Lovet but I think he was married three times as I also have Jemima Lyon and Sarah Jordon.

I also have William b 1808 married to Rebbecca Wright but I have 10 children. Sarah b 1830, George b 1831, Charlotte b 1834, James b 1836, William b 1839, Mary Ann B 1840, George b 1843, David b 1846, Jane b 1849 and Elizabeth b 1850.  On Ancestry it has the William and Rebbecca living at Waterside, Chesham in 1881.

It's quite a large tree, don't mind emailing you gedcom file? 

Anne
Darvell - All, Woodward - Herts & Beds, Allen - Beds, Collyer - Bucks & Herts.

Offline annelsie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 11 September 07 17:46 BST (UK) »
Hello - I am looking for the father of George Darvell born 1858 Chesham, married Marion Harriet Miller. In 1881 he is living with his widowed mother Sarah at 58 Church Street Chesham amd both are bakers.
Any information very welcome. Thanks

Offline AHC

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 12 September 07 17:02 BST (UK) »
Hi Annelsie

I have a George Darvell b 1858 in my tree but not much info on him other than his parents were Ware Darvell and Mary Luckett, his siblings were Charles b 1856, Rose b 1862 & Walter b 1864.  Does any of this ring any bells? 

AHC
Darvell - All, Woodward - Herts & Beds, Allen - Beds, Collyer - Bucks & Herts.

Offline annelsie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 13 September 07 16:06 BST (UK) »
Hello ANC  - I have very little on the Darvells, being mainly interested in the Miller family from Berkhamsted. I have George with mother Sarah and sisters Emily and Sarah in 1881 so it doesn't seem to tie in with your George. Thanks for replying annelsie

Offline oldsplice

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 14 September 07 10:58 BST (UK) »
My 3x great uncle, George Craft, married Rachel Darvill from Little Missenden in 1855. In the 1861 census they are living in Bray's Green with Rachel's daughter Martha Ann Darvill, aged 9 and her mother Sophie Darvill (born in Chesham) aged 63. Rachel was George's second wife.
Broadbent - Staffordshire (Bilston/Brewood)
Bryant - Buckinghamshire (Cuddington/Haddenham)
Craft - Buckinghamshire (Hyde Heath/Little Missenden/Chalfonts)
Norris - Berkshire (Hagbourne/Hendreds/Harwell)

Offline annelsie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 25 September 07 14:33 BST (UK) »
I have now found George Darvell's father - 1861 census  Church Street Chesham has Joseph 45 baker, Sarah 46, Charles 20, also baker, Elizabeth 18, Sarah 10, Margaret 8, Emily 6, George 3. all born Chesham.
Does this connect with anyone else? Annelsie

Offline ceeson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 13 November 07 20:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi! Just seen your posting re George CRAFT & Rachel DARVILL, Buckinghamshire. We are researching some ancestors in common. I am a descendant of James 1790  -1867 and Ruth. Ruth was the 2nd wife of James but I am now trying to find the name of his first wife plus any offspring. Have you any information on this? Perhaps we have findings we can share?

Offline daraus

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 17 April 09 00:38 BST (UK) »
Hi Annelsie & All the Other Darvell Researchers,

I have research the Darvell family over the years and have George's family back to 1688 the birth of William who married Mary Jennings although there is still a few gaps. I can help you out Annelsie, the family becomes very involved.
I also some years back had information sent to me on the William Darvell and Fanny Ware Family, which is not connected to the George Darvell family, so if anyone needs help there I can also help. This is all in hard copy only, but I can work something out.
The Darvell Bakery in Chesham was established in 1838 by George's Grandfather as a wedding present from what can be determined and is still in the hands of rellies today who I know. Not Bad 171 Years.
So give me a call for Help!!
Cheers
daraus

Offline ceeson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 17 April 09 01:32 BST (UK) »
 Hi Oldsplice, the George Craft married to Rachel Darvill is also my relative  along with his brother

Thomas & sisters Ruth & Mary.              Any clues to the maiden name of Sophia Darvill ?