Author Topic: ITALY: Where is the Tuzzio/Tuzio family from??  (Read 12056 times)

Offline sheronb

• RootsChat Senior
  • nan 1914
    • View Profile
ITALY: Where is the Tuzzio/Tuzio family from??
« on: Wednesday 28 June 06 11:43 BST (UK) »
My greatgrandfather was Guiseppe Tuzzio/Tuzio, in 1899, he married Isabel Kathleen farrell, in Birmingham.
This is the earliest, i have him in England.
On marriage cert, his father is Amadio Tuzio(before 1911, name speltTuzio) and have Amadio on 1901 census living with son and daghter-in-law.Om Marriage cert, his age is given as 26.
Amadio died in 1913, have death cert, no clues there.
Guiseppe had 16 children, ranging from 1899-1925, and died in Bham in 1943.
The only clue as to where in Italy, he was from is from my nan,"somewhere near Rome"!!!(one of his daughters was named ROMA!!) and from a distant cousin, that they lived in caves!!
There is Tuzzio,s in Banbury, which my greatuncle seems to think there is a connection, but ive had no luck there!!
I have tried various Italian sites, but nothing!!
I am beginning to think i will never find his birthplace??
Does anyone have any advice, please??
Larden/Cecil-Birmingham/lichfield/halesowen<br />Lombardozzi-Sora-Italy<br />Tuzi/Tuzio/Tuzzio- Sora-Italy/birmingham,
La Rocca/Tersigni/Lancia-Sora-Italy
Farrell/Battle-Ireland/Birmingham
Polsinelli/Gismondi-Sora-Italy<br />Heffer/Turner-Bristol-Frampton cotterell<br />Dean/skinner-Huntley,gloucs<br />Hinkley-Aston-Juxta-Birmingham<br /><br />Mchale/Oldbury/Ireland<br />Hinton/Smith/Carter/Hercules-Worcestershire.

Offline CuriousDiana

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Where in Italy is the Tuzzio/Tuzio family from??
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 29 June 06 14:30 BST (UK) »
Have a look at http://www.abruzzoforum.com

See Lazio, click on frosinone, scroll down till you come to an entry from "findin ancestry" by Tony Tuzio.

You will find info re this family name, plus a few people you could contact. Seems Tuzio (also called Tuzi) comes from Picinisco/Sora area of Italy.
Good luck

Offline sheronb

• RootsChat Senior
  • nan 1914
    • View Profile
Re: Where in Italy is the Tuzzio/Tuzio family from??
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 29 June 06 14:41 BST (UK) »
Thank you for that Diana,Lazio, could well be the area, they were from, and as my Tuzzios, were spelt Tuzio at first!!
One of the messages is from a researcher in Italy!!
thank you again, im going to email her!I will let you know the outcome!
Larden/Cecil-Birmingham/lichfield/halesowen<br />Lombardozzi-Sora-Italy<br />Tuzi/Tuzio/Tuzzio- Sora-Italy/birmingham,
Polsinelli/Gismondi-Sora-Italy<br />Heffer/Turner-Bristol-Frampton cotterell<br />Dean/skinner-Huntley,gloucs<br />Hinkley-Aston-Juxta-Birmingham<br /><br />Mchale/Oldbury/Ireland<br />Hinton/Smith/Carter/Hercules-Worcestershire.

Offline woodworth

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: ITALY: Where is the Tuzzio/Tuzio family from??
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 12 September 06 16:53 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Prior to getting involved with professional Genealogists
I suggest you try these sites:

Michael Vacca is the expert on Picinisco, http://forum.vacca.be/viewforum.php?f=1.

This a Picinisco Forum http://www.picinisco.com/ 

This in my opinion  the best general site for Italian Genealogy on that web http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/

Ciao George
buona  fortuna
Researching: Gentile - Yorkshire, Shrewsbury, Oswestry Chester.  Woodworth - Handbridge Chester. Taylor - Yorkshire and Chester. Ellis - Wrexham. Wraight - Margate Kent

Offline sheronb

• RootsChat Senior
  • nan 1914
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 27 November 06 19:20 GMT (UK) »
thank you Wood and Diana, sorry so long in replying!

But have found out my Tuzios from Sora!!Did get the birth records from the LDS centre, and ive been told, in my book on Italian Genealogy, that these records are indexed, but not mine!!Really was impossible to read!!
Have now emailed Italy for birth records and Milatary records, nearly 2 months ago, but no reply as yet!!Was wondering if anyone had ever emailed Italy and got a reply??
Also joined the http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/, and they are very helpul, the next step i think, if i dont get a reply, is to either write to Italy, or hire a researcher!!

Offline Atuzzio

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 24 August 15 21:04 BST (UK) »
Hi my grand father was from Birmingham hes name is either Charles Anthony tuzzio or Anthony Charles tuzzio he married a lady called beryl many thanks Atuzzio

Offline Liamidis

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 07 January 16 06:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi , my grandad is Raymond Kitchener Tuzzio , great grandad is Vincent who married rose caney , I believe my great great grandad is guiseppe,I do have a picture of guiseppe, do any names sound familiar ?

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 10 January 16 08:59 GMT (UK) »
Frank Tuzio Barber Shop
Hunts Cross
Liverpool
Tel: 0151 559 0244

ring Frank - he maybe able to tell you ....had my hair cut here in the past -3 miles from my house
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline scuba94

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 26 June 16 16:28 BST (UK) »
Hello!

My maternal great grandparents are also Vincent Tuzzio and Rose Caney! through their daughter Joan, Raymond's sister. I'm trying to find out more information about all 3 persons if you can help!

Thank you!