Author Topic: ITALY: Where is the Tuzzio/Tuzio family from??  (Read 11993 times)

Offline Tuzzio91

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: ITALY: Where is the Tuzzio/Tuzio family from??
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 31 May 18 20:50 BST (UK) »
I'm not sure, but I should be able to find out from other relatives.

Is the Tuzi, Tuzio, Tuzzio just a spelling mistake or do you think there was a reason for this change?

I've recently started on Ancestry, amazing to find how many people are related, and they're still in Birmingham!

Offline sheronb

• RootsChat Senior
  • nan 1914
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 31 May 18 21:11 BST (UK) »
The original name in Italy was Tuzi, then became Tuzio/Tuzzio. Who knows, many names got changed or misspelt...... any Tuzzio in Birmingham are all from the same family, most of the Italians that came here were from the same area Frosinone. There is a very interesting book called Bella Brum all abt the Italians.
Larden/Cecil-Birmingham/lichfield/halesowen<br />Lombardozzi-Sora-Italy<br />Tuzi/Tuzio/Tuzzio- Sora-Italy/birmingham,
La Rocca/Tersigni/Lancia-Sora-Italy
Farrell/Battle-Ireland/Birmingham
Polsinelli/Gismondi-Sora-Italy<br />Heffer/Turner-Bristol-Frampton cotterell<br />Dean/skinner-Huntley,gloucs<br />Hinkley-Aston-Juxta-Birmingham<br /><br />Mchale/Oldbury/Ireland<br />Hinton/Smith/Carter/Hercules-Worcestershire.

Offline Tuzzio91

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 31 May 18 21:23 BST (UK) »
Yeah I had read that Amadio was from Sora or around that area.

I borrowed that book from the library the other day, a very interesting read about the Italian quarter.

Regarding Vincent I've been told that he has epilepsy, the same as my nan and died of a fit.

Offline sheronb

• RootsChat Senior
  • nan 1914
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 31 May 18 21:27 BST (UK) »
Ok thanks. Amadio was born abt 1827 so was middle aged when Giuseppe was born, family rumour is they walked through Europe to reach here.
Larden/Cecil-Birmingham/lichfield/halesowen<br />Lombardozzi-Sora-Italy<br />Tuzi/Tuzio/Tuzzio- Sora-Italy/birmingham,
Polsinelli/Gismondi-Sora-Italy<br />Heffer/Turner-Bristol-Frampton cotterell<br />Dean/skinner-Huntley,gloucs<br />Hinkley-Aston-Juxta-Birmingham<br /><br />Mchale/Oldbury/Ireland<br />Hinton/Smith/Carter/Hercules-Worcestershire.

Offline scuba94

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday 27 June 18 12:14 BST (UK) »
Hello everyone,
Unfortunately I had this chat linked to my old email address & did not receive any updates so sorry for the late reply.

Tuzzio 91 that recoloured picture is amazing, is that of someone in the tuzzio family? I was contacted on facebook by a Tuzzio recently was this yourself?

I believe my grandmother Joan (maisie she was known) and your's Hazel were sisters and very close at some point owing to the fact that Joan called her daughter (my mother) Hazel Doreen (i'm assuming after your grandmother). Unfortunately Joan/maisie went off the radar around 1970, no one knows what happened to her but I am getting close, found a few name changes she did. My mother Hazel went on TV in the early 2000s appealing for information on her missing mother Joan, and was contacted by your grandmother Hazel, who kindly sent some photos for the first time, however strangely nobody in the family seemed to have much information on what happened.

In regards to Vincent Tuzzio I can help. I have the death record. He died in 2/03/1943 aged 41 of
"1. Lobar pneumonia"
"2. Cardiac failure"
His father Giuseppe died 4/02/1943 aged 71 of "cerebral thrombosis", a stroke.
How sad for the family that both father & son were lost within a month of each other.
A lot of this info on Giuseppe I have gathered kindly from sheronb and a lady down as Maureen Bradford on ancestry over past few years.

Found a bit of confusion for Vincent's birth as it does say 1902 in several places and that would fit with the age on the death cert but on the 1939 register he has written his DOB as 29/05/1904.

sheronb they walked?! well I cannot find them on a boat anywhere round 1895. Contacted midlands police for alien reg card but unfortunately they don't have them anymore but they do have something on microfilm I'm ordering but not sure what. I'll be sure to share.

Regards,
Sophie

Offline sheronb

• RootsChat Senior
  • nan 1914
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday 27 June 18 15:24 BST (UK) »
Hello Sophie.

Was you in contact with Dave Cross from the Police Museum? Don't know why they have lost them.

That was kind of Maureen Bradford to share her info with you, Maureen got all her info from me but was less willing to share hers with me. (which was very little and just related to info from Birmingham)......but you live and learn as they say. So I guess you know as much as me.

It would be interesting to see what the museum have though.

Offline scuba94

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday 27 June 18 16:18 BST (UK) »
Hello,
sheronB I did ask for him but the person who got back to me was called Bernard May who said
"The individual ‘Aliens registration cards’ have been destroyed, but we do hold a copy of the ‘Aliens Register’, which was saved to microfiche some years ago and subsequently digitised.

I have been able to locate entries relating to Guissepe and his wife Kathleen, who although was probably British born would have been required to register because she was considered Italian by marriage.  There is no trace of Guissepe’s father in the register. Registration was not required until the First World War was looming. It is possible that his father had died by then or there may have been an upper age on those required to register".

I see that's a shame. Have you been the source of the amazing photos of Giuseppe then?
Would you like me to send you a scan of Vincent's death certificate? I'm not sure if he is a particularly close relative to yourself ? Also I saw Amadio lived until he was 91 back in 1913 that surely was unheard of...

Offline sheronb

• RootsChat Senior
  • nan 1914
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday 27 June 18 17:00 BST (UK) »
Hi Sophie

I have the alien reg somewhere it's just a piece of paper and says the families names, children as well, when Giuseppe came here which was useful, 1895 though that's just Birmingham. They had to inform the authorities when they left Birmingham, he had cousins in Banbury so visited them and the cousin came here.

Amadio did die in 1913 and was born 1827, not unheard of.... seems there was a previous son also called Giuseppe who died when young, which is why he was such an older father.

Vincent was my grandmothers brother. It's ok I don't need the death cert but thanks.

Kathleen Farrell was born in birmingham to Irish parents, I'm not entirely sure where they came from though it could be County Clare. Kathleen had a sister who married an Italian too, Onorio Angelo they went to live in Kidderminster and had 3 sons, none of whom had children so that line died out.

I am the source of all the info, it was me got the info from Italy, everything I worked very hard to find it. It was great to find it though.

Offline Raven1250

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Friday 04 June 21 15:49 BST (UK) »
Good afternoon all
Giuseppe was my Great, Great, Great Grandfather. His daughter Lavinia married my Great Grandfather Arthur Smith, mostly known as Laddie