Author Topic: 1891 census look up  (Read 1922 times)

Offline Alord

• I am sorry but my email address is not working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
1891 census look up
« on: Tuesday 26 October 04 16:46 BST (UK) »
I am looking for my great grandmother Ellen Gibbons in the 1891 census.

Only problem is she was in service and I am not sure where.
 She was born in 1869 in Ipswich.
At the age of 12 in the 1881 census she was a nursemaid in Ipswich.
In 1896 at the time of her marriage in Bedford the certificate states she had no employment but was from Staffordshire.

I don't know if this is any help, I guess she must have been in the midlands somewhere.

Would appreciate any help.

Thanks
Alison

Offline rutti tutti

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: 1891 census look up
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 26 October 04 17:14 BST (UK) »
here she is with her family in 1871 - dont know if you have this at all but I will try and work from there - I am also researching Gibbins/Gibbons and they are a very elusive bunch!!! I have looked at all the ellens born in suffolk with no success various spellings ages families etc with no success - sorry!
Ruth

Alice Gibbons 7  Ipswich, Suffolk, England Daughter  Ipswich St Mary at the Elms  Suffolk   
Arthur Hy Gibbons 9  Ipswich, Suffolk, England Son  Ipswich St Mary at the Elms  Suffolk   
Ellen Gibbons 2  Ipswich, Suffolk, England Daughter  Ipswich St Mary at the Elms  Suffolk   
Emma E Gibbons 11  Ipswich, Suffolk, England Daughter  Ipswich St Mary at the Elms  Suffolk   
George Ed Gibbons 5  Ipswich, Suffolk, England Son  Ipswich St Mary at the Elms  Suffolk   
Robert Thos Gibbons 10 months  Ipswich, Suffolk, England Son  Ipswich St Mary at the Elms  Suffolk   
Susannah Gibbons 35  Woolpit, Suffolk, England Wife  Ipswich St Mary at the Elms  Suffolk   
Walter Gibbons 34  Crowfield, Suffolk, England Head  Ipswich St Mary at the Elms  Suffolk   

RG10/1752 Folio 75 

All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Alord

• I am sorry but my email address is not working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: 1891 census look up
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 26 October 04 23:32 BST (UK) »
Thanks very much Ruth, I didn't have the 1871 so thats very useful.  Where could she have been in the 1891?

So how do you fit into the Gibbons puzzle then?  As I said before she is my great grandmother on my mothers side of the family. They seem to be quite prolific!

Best wishes and thanks again
Alison