Author Topic: Re: Australian Lookups offer...COMPLETED, THANKS  (Read 2892 times)

Offline Janey_Hop

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Australian Lookups offer...COMPLETED, THANKS
« on: Wednesday 14 July 04 09:07 BST (UK) »
I'd be very grateful if you could look someone up  for me.

I'm looking for info on Pauline Bagley, born in Melbourne around 1873. She married Stillman hardy in 1897 and soon after emigrated to USA.

I'd really love to find out who her parents and siblings were if possible.

Many Thanks
Hopkins, Roberts, Heath, Williams, Wilkins, Morgan, Boyland, Hidson, Deacon

Offline grub

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Xander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 17 August 04 15:25 BST (UK) »
Hi
I took a look on Genealogy.com for Stillman Hardy and found the following:

HARDY, Stillman Augustus, was born on a farm at Hopkinton, N.H. (New Hampshire) 12 February 1873.  He married at Melbourne, Australia 14 Nov 1898, Pauline Bagley, an actress, who was born at Melbourne 11 June 1873.

This is from a "book" written by H. Claude Hardy and Rev. Edwin Noah Hardy in 1935.  No given publisher, but provides only Reel/Fiche: Genealogy & Local History G1148.    It continues on to provide the names of their children and quite a bit more information on them.

Anyhow, I was thinking, with the above information, you may want to order her birth certificate, or their marriage certificate, which will give you further names.

If you want the additional information on their children, please PM, and I'll be happy to send it.

Regards,
Valerie
Bayley, Dorset, Lancashire, Yorkshire, Cheshire and others.
Antrobus, Somerset/Glouster
Skelton, Heslington, Yorkshire
James, Norfolk, and London
Delasalle, London area
Gravett/Grevet, Surrey
Also searching the above in Australia

“Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline trish251

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 31 August 04 02:56 BST (UK) »
My Vic data only goes to 1888 but here is Pauline's birth
Year 1873 Location Melbourne Nth, Victoria
Father William
Mother Elizabeth Williamson

Siblings
Eleanor 1861 John James Alexander 1863
William Gillespie 1866 Susan Frances 1869
I couldn't find the marriage

This site will lead to BDMs for Vic - images available (for a fee)

Trish
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Dmartin82

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 21 August 17 19:02 BST (UK) »
I realize this i an old search request, but in case the original poster is still active I thought I would share some information I have found on the family of Pauline Bagley, who married Stillman Hardy in Australia in 1898.

Pauline was born in 1973 in Melbourne to parents William Bagley and Elizabeth (Williamson) Bagley.

Pauline had a Sister named Eleanor born in Melbourne in 1861. Eleanor married Donald Dinnie in Melbourne in 1885. Anyone familiar with Scottish history will recognize the name Donald Dinnie. He was the most famous UK athlete of the nineteenth century. He won the Highland Games many times and performed famous feats of strength.

Pauline had another sister named Lillie. I do not have a year for Lillie's birth, but she emigrated to the U.S. in 1908 under her married name Botta along with her son Rico. Lillie lived for a time in Hopkinton, N.H. with her Sister Pauline and Brother-in-law Stillman Hardy. She is listed on a 1910 census as a member of his household. Her son Rico Botta went on to have a long and distinguished career in the U.S. Navy, eventually achieving the rank of Rear Admiral.

Pauline also had a Sister named Susan Francis Bagley (b. 1869), A Brother named John James Alexa Bagley (b. 1863), and a Brother named William Gillespie Bagley (b. 1863, died in infancy).

If the original poster would like to have the references I've found, please PM me.