Author Topic: sangster???  (Read 4261 times)

Offline hazelnuts01

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: sangster???
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 05 July 06 16:17 BST (UK) »
have checked with GRO Edinburgh and there is no Wilson/Gillon marriage and does not appear to be a James Wilson with those parents born Renfrewshire Paisley for 1872/3.

I have found a John Wilson married to Ann Gillon 1863/4 and they had a James Wilson  son 1874 - born St Nicholas Aberdeen.   So I am looking into this lead.

Thanks again

Hazelnuts01
wilson (renfrewshire,paisley)

Offline RWJE

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 24 November 17 11:41 GMT (UK) »
Hello Hazelnuts01
Would you have any details of Isabella Eadie Campbell Drummond that you mention in the post below?

Helen Reid Wilson    born Moonzie Fife     21.2.1893    (illigitimate)
John Wilson              born Pumpherston   11.1.1895    (no middle names)
Robert Jones Wilson born Pumpherston   16.5.1896
Alfred Andrew Sangster Wilson  born Bathgate 19.10.1897  (died aged 1 year 25.10.1898)
Isabella Waugh Jones Wilson     born Bathgate 11.10.1899
Elizabeth Wilson       born  1907   (died  6.10.1933 aged 26years)

I don't have his second marriage certificate because I don't know the date of marriage but I remember his wife - she was Isabella Eadie Campbell Drummond - she married a David Bennet in 1925 when she was 26 (He died in 1951)  so I guess she married James W about this time (or she was divorced and married him earlier)

I have got YDNA results with both Eadie and Campbell names so I am really interested as to how the two are in Isabellas name
Thanks
Robert

Offline hazelnuts01

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 04 December 17 17:38 GMT (UK) »
Isabella Eadie Campbell Drummond married James Wilson 1934 (stating herself a Spinster) although
she had been married to a David Bennet.   
Death certificate in 1968 gives her parents as David Drummond and Isabella Campbell but I never looked into the "Eadie" side of her name.
Her death certificate is signed by her sister Mary E.C. Morton. ( the initials could also be Eadie
Campbell).
If you have any information regarding James Wilson I would be delighted if you would share as I
have hit a brick wall on him.
I have some certificates but not sure how to send.
Hope this helps
Hazelnuts
wilson (renfrewshire,paisley)