Author Topic: Gunn/MckAY  (Read 1936 times)

Offline toali66

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Gunn/MckAY
« on: Saturday 01 July 06 13:23 BST (UK) »
Looking for info on a Willam Gunn born around 1865, married to margaret Omen, but his real name should have been William Mckay, he was adopted by a family of the name Gunn, i think his adopted  father may have been called John Gunn,  i would love to know when they where married and more about both there parents, including the Mckays. :o

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline PrueM

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Please don't try to PM me :)
    • View Profile
Re: Gunn/MckAY
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 01 July 06 13:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Toali66  :)

Do you know where William married Margaret?  Also any other info about William - like where did you get the info about him being a McKay?

I have a William McKAY in my tree, but know very little about him, apart from date of birth (1859) and place (Upper Dallachy, Moray), and his mother, Elizabeth (sister of my g-g-grandfather).  William was born illegitimate, along with his 5 siblings, all to different fathers  :o

If you think I can help at all, just give me a yell.

Cheers
Prue

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.