Author Topic: Address Look up please.WEST TOXTETH 1901  (Read 2323 times)

Offline JeannieR

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Me with eldest grandson Nick, now 23
    • View Profile
Address Look up please.WEST TOXTETH 1901
« on: Wednesday 27 October 04 00:10 BST (UK) »
I would be grateful if someone could do a look up for me.
Who was the head  of the house at

4 Longville Street .cellar
West Toxteth

Living there in the 1901 census, was Elizabeth Hughes aged 29.
it states that she was married. Her husband was obviously away from home, and I was hoping some one would look at an
electoral roll for me

In the census, she had a visitor staying with her, Isabella Hughes, and I am wanting to find out if the "missing" husband
is a brother of this lady, and thereby my great uncle.

Most Grateful
JeannieR
This information is Crown Copyright, from www.national archives.gov.uk

Offline munchies

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Elias Saundie (Soundie) and Jane Heeley
    • View Profile
Re: Address Look up please.WEST TOXTETH 1901
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 27 October 04 19:19 BST (UK) »
Sorry JeannieR  :'(

There is no head of house the household consists of the 2 names you have got. Isabella is 17 and single born in Liverpool but there is no occupation listed for either of them. They are right at the top of the page so I checked the page before in case other family was listed there but that is another address. And the page numbers are insequence so i don't think there are any missing (which has happened to me before)

Donna
Surname interests Soundie, Brookfield, Healey/Heeley, Frost, Handley, Goodall Weaver, Evans, Pagett, Waywell/Whaywell, Haimes, Jones, Roberts, Cummins Ryder, Bleasdale and Foley, Jackson, Robinson, Calvert and Grayson.
Searching in Liverpool, Shropshire, London, Worcester and Holywell, Stafford and Cheshire.  (and eventually in Ireland) :-)

Offline JeannieR

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Me with eldest grandson Nick, now 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 27 October 04 19:47 BST (UK) »
Thank You Donna,

It was rather a shot in the dark.

If the head of house was a mariner, would his name be on any
thing else? poll book etc.

And yes, I feel quite elated about finding my Sarah, I keep looking at all my paper work, the certificate. checking and re-checking.  I am , or was, scared that I had got it all badly wrong... but no, everything has fallen in to place.

Remember my Augusta Hughes? aged 45 in 1901, well it turns
out she was 15!! and the Sophia Hughes aged 43 was 13.
On the 1891 census there was a "Sully" Hughes I think was supposed to be Sophia or Sophie or even Soffy.

I haven't finished with my Hughes yet, but I will have a look at
another branch of the family for a little while, just to clear my head. Perhaps my Leachs' or Calverts'

Kind regards,, and many thanks
JeannieR
This information is Crown Copyright, from www.national archives.gov.uk

Offline munchies

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Elias Saundie (Soundie) and Jane Heeley
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 27 October 04 19:56 BST (UK) »
I must admit my original thought was that the ages would be wrong glad it is all cleared up
 ;D ;D ;D
 Forgot to add there are voters registers and street directories to use to try and find him available in Liverpool records office. I had to use these as my ancester was always away at sea on census night and i was begining to think he was a figment of my Ggrandmothers imagination   ::)

Donna
Surname interests Soundie, Brookfield, Healey/Heeley, Frost, Handley, Goodall Weaver, Evans, Pagett, Waywell/Whaywell, Haimes, Jones, Roberts, Cummins Ryder, Bleasdale and Foley, Jackson, Robinson, Calvert and Grayson.
Searching in Liverpool, Shropshire, London, Worcester and Holywell, Stafford and Cheshire.  (and eventually in Ireland) :-)