Author Topic: Gibson family.  (Read 18291 times)

Offline armagh20

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Gibson family.
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 08 September 10 13:38 BST (UK) »
Hello Jack
A good idea , I am new to this site,can you send me a PM?  and we can send details by email.
Joe

Offline projectgibson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 11 February 16 10:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi is this thread still active? I'm new to Rootschat and feel this thread is about my Gibson family. I have stacks of info on the Gibson Hawkers. I have Roberts and Alexanders and Jean Jane Janet!!! or whatever name she chooses to go by  :)
My grt grt grt gtandfather Robert Gibson was born at Lauder in 1816 to Alexander and Jean Gibson. His siblings were Jean, Anne, Alxr, James, John, Henrietta and Andrew. Happy to swop any info   :)

Offline armagh20

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 11 February 16 21:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I have had no further replies to the Gibson family forum, it has been years since I have done any research on the Gibson or  Young family family but would be interested if you have any details
Regards
Joe

Offline projectgibson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 12 February 16 08:57 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for your reply :) I was just wondering if anyone needed any help, just shout if you do! I haven't worked on my Gibsons for a few years and have recently dug out all my paperwork...it's currently all over the loungeroom floor!  :)

Offline JDB307

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 18 February 16 15:52 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

After a long absence, I had decided to re-visit my Gibson family and try to update it and, when I logged into RootsChat, this thread seems to have been revived.

One family which I am struggling with at the moment is that of James Gibson (b. Swinton 1827) who was married to Margaret. I cannot find their marriage. Their children were Robert and Elizabeth born in Dalkeith Then Jane, Mary, Phillis and Daniel, all born in East Linton. Do you recognise this family?

Regards, Jack
BLYTH of Wemyss, Markinch, Dysart, Kirkcaldy
Also MACKIE, SIMPSON, CARSTAIRS, CHRISTIE, LEITCH, DUNCAN, PENMAN, LAMBERT, BEVERIDGE, GIBSON, RENWICK

NEWBY of Sweffling, Benhall, Peasenhall area of Suffolk

Offline armagh20

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 19 February 16 09:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jack
Long time since I last heard from you, 6 years ago, afraid nothing new to add but still interested will keep an eye on site
Joe

Offline projectgibson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 21 February 16 11:17 GMT (UK) »

One family which I am struggling with at the moment is that of James Gibson (b. Swinton 1827) who was married to Margaret. I cannot find their marriage. Their children were Robert and Elizabeth born in Dalkeith Then Jane, Mary, Phillis and Daniel, all born in East Linton. Do you recognise this family?

Hi I recognise this family. I believe Margaret was b1826 Falkirk to Alexander Gibson and Jean Gibson my grt grt grt grt grandparents. I don't seem to have their marriage either but I do have both their death certificates dated 1894 and 1917.

Offline armagh20

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 21 February 16 11:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi I recognise this family. I believe Margaret was b1826 Falkirk to Alexander Gibson and Jean Gibson my grt grt grt grt grandparents. I don't seem to have their marriage either but I do have both their death certificates dated 1894 and 1917.

Hi
 Alex & Jean Gibson can you tell me where they died and where they are buried?
I think there were my family.
Many thanks
Joe

Offline projectgibson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 22 February 16 00:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi Joe
Alxndr Gibson d1846 Dalkieth age 58
Jean (Jane) m/s Gibson d1863 Dalkeith age 73
I also have some death certs for the family JDB307-Jack refers to
 One family which I am struggling with at the moment is that of James Gibson (b. Swinton 1827) who was married to Margaret. I cannot find their marriage. Their children were Robert and Elizabeth born in Dalkeith Then Jane, Mary, Phillis and Daniel, all born in East Linton
James Gibson d1894 South Leith age 68
Margrt Gibson m/s Gibson d1917 South Leith age 92
Do we have a connection here? :)
Debs