Author Topic: HATTEMORE - ADVICE PLEASE  (Read 1190 times)

Offline ljay

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
HATTEMORE - ADVICE PLEASE
« on: Wednesday 27 October 04 16:20 BST (UK) »
Would be grateful for any details on THOMAS HATTEMORE who was born in Yarmouth in 1785 and died in Bethnal Green on 6th March 1854.  He married ANN who was b: 1791 in Aldgate and who died on 27th April 1854.  I believe Thomas was a Dyer by trade.

They had several children the oldest of whom appears to be Ann b: 1813 in Portsmouth and by 1815 they had moved to the Bethnal Green area.  I am not sure how to go about tracing Thomas' early years in Norfolk - any leads would be much appreciated.

Thanks.  LJAY
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
WRIGHT (Hertfordshire/London), CROSBY (Nottinghamshire/Lincolnshire), STEPHENSON (Middlesex/Surrey), TRIBE (Surrey/London) HATTEMORE (London/Essex/Kent), MARTIN (Birmingham/London), DRIVER (London)

Offline teddybear1843

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: HATTEMORE - ADVICE PLEASE
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 27 October 04 21:59 BST (UK) »
Hi.

Hattemore is not a name that is familliar to me in Norfolk.

In the 1851 census index there are none.  Two Attmores but neither born in Yarmouth.

Your best bet is to look at the Yarmouth Parish Registers for c1785 and hope to find your ancestor.  Look for H as well as A as all names beginning with an H followed by a vowel can be with or without the H in indexes etc.

Another thing worth looking at would be wills, both for Norfolk and for your own known ancestor as he may have named relations in Norfolk.

If you need further help please feel free to ask and if you need research done in Norfolk, I do offer a research service for a small charge.

Best of luck

Teddybear
Bear, Burrows, Burroughs, Goll, Mayes, Yull, Bacon, Harvey, Fenn, Youngman, Jary, Lake, Chesney, Yaxley, Freestone, Briggs, Carrington, Frarey, Blaxter, Bennefer, Gosman, Howard, Wildman, Woodbine, Jessop, Taylor, Walpole, etc etc  all in Norfolk.
Weasenham village history and families connected to the villages of Weasenham All Saints & Saint Peter in Norfolk.  Happy to carry out research in Norfolk.  Please PM for details.