Author Topic: Marriage Look Up, Hall  (Read 2900 times)

Offline Aley

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Marriage Look Up, Hall
« on: Sunday 09 July 06 04:37 BST (UK) »
Would someone be a dear and look up a marriage for me.
Trying to find the marriage for JOHN HALL and MARY LUTHEL before 1834.
The only info I have on them, is that they had a son Richard Martin Hall born
Dec. 1834 Poole, England.

Thank You
Aley 
Bott from Yorkshire, Davison from Durham, Ross from Inverness, Scotland, Robinson from England, Simpson from Scotland, Elliott from Yorkshire

Offline chloed

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage Look Up, Hall
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 09 July 06 08:41 BST (UK) »
did richard have a brother james born c.1838 ?
there are hall and luther families in corfe castle
have u 1841 and 51 census returns?
there is a possible family in poole in 51 and another if not same in corfe 1841
regards chloe
davis,pantell,pearce.hereford<br />barker,hunter,marshall,,berkshire.<br />notting,small,vincent,house,michel,vyvans,tubbs,spearing,burriss,candy,chaldecott,dorset.<br />meyer,grant,heale,pengilly,winget,hawkins,devon.<br />lawes,dyke,drewett,coster,wilts/hants.<br />worwood,whellock,griffith,lee,,card,randall,london/lambeth/rotherhithe ,east wickham.young,tooley,nevil,chipping norton.legg, cheshunt.<br />scott,smither,spencer,taylor, farnham;surrey. halfacre ,hants.

Offline Aley

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 09 July 06 18:12 BST (UK) »
Hello Chloe

I don't know if Richard had a brother. I have Richard Hall married in 1861 Newfoundland to Elizabeth Pike.
I haven't looked up the 1841-1851 census.

Aley
Bott from Yorkshire, Davison from Durham, Ross from Inverness, Scotland, Robinson from England, Simpson from Scotland, Elliott from Yorkshire

Offline chloed

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 10 July 06 08:19 BST (UK) »
found it aley on ffhs. 18/06/1833 at poole, richard hall and mary luther, witnesses were sarah luckes and george scaden.
do u know about the dorset ancestors and opc site, they are both free and have masses of info.
regards chloe
davis,pantell,pearce.hereford<br />barker,hunter,marshall,,berkshire.<br />notting,small,vincent,house,michel,vyvans,tubbs,spearing,burriss,candy,chaldecott,dorset.<br />meyer,grant,heale,pengilly,winget,hawkins,devon.<br />lawes,dyke,drewett,coster,wilts/hants.<br />worwood,whellock,griffith,lee,,card,randall,london/lambeth/rotherhithe ,east wickham.young,tooley,nevil,chipping norton.legg, cheshunt.<br />scott,smither,spencer,taylor, farnham;surrey. halfacre ,hants.

Offline chloed

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 10 July 06 10:25 BST (UK) »
found richard with mum but not dad in 1841 census in corfe,
1851 dad back with mary and 2 other sons but not richard, maybe he is on a boat or already in newfoundland.
richard [dad] is listed as a master mariner in 1851 census and both he and wife mary born in corfe, but living in poole.
there are other hall's in corfe listed as mariners.
richard [dad] was baptised 02/08/1807 in corfe bb son of elizabeth hall.
regards chloe

Offline chloed

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 10 July 06 10:30 BST (UK) »
sorry to keep writing, just found birth and bapt date for richard born 16/12/1834, bapt 15/02/1835, found on ffhs

Offline Aley

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 10 July 06 16:13 BST (UK) »
Chloe

I really do appreciate the help you have given me.
You have Richard Hall married Mary Luther.  I have John Hall m. Mary Luther.
Is John and Richard the same person? Do you have the other two sons names?
What is ffhs?

Aley

Offline chloed

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 11 July 06 07:57 BST (UK) »
hi aley
ffhs is the federation of family history societys, their address is
www.familyhistoryonline.net
dorset is especially well covered on there u pay £5 minimum [u can do it thru paypal or cc] entrys only cost about 8p to look up if u can narrow down the field of search.
I think dad richard was richard john, hence the mix up.
do u know the name of the boat he arrived in newfoundland on, there was a lot of shipping trade between poole and newf.
my friend has family that ended up in newff. from poole and she knows quite a few sites , i will ask her for them
regards chloe