Author Topic: SURNAME INTEREST  (Read 3206 times)

Offline joncee

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
SURNAME INTEREST
« on: Wednesday 11 February 04 16:28 GMT (UK) »
Interested in the surname EAVES/EVES in the Bridport/Allington area.
Would like to contact any decsendants.
Joncee
ARMYTAGE/ARMITAGE, BUSHELL,FRENCH, EDWARDS, EVES, STIMPSON, GWYNNE, NASH.TUCKER, COWELL, SNELL and TUCKER

Offline RootsChat

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • RootsChat Administration
    • View Profile
Re:SURNAME INTEREST
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 24 March 04 20:32 GMT (UK) »
Hello Joncee,

Checking the Directories there is only 1 person today with any combination of the name or area.

To widen you research to the female line perhaps you can provide some information to connect to ie year or person  ???

RootsChat
Broken Links: Please report to us of any links that no longer work, or ones that are no longer appropriate by clicking the "Report to moderator" link on the message. Thanks! Get Poster

Offline joncee

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 17 April 04 07:48 BST (UK) »
Lookinf for the descendants of John Eves who was the Inn Keeper of the Bridport Arms  Bridport Harbour in 1881, also of George Eves who resided in Allington and was a COACHMAN IN 1881
ARMYTAGE/ARMITAGE, BUSHELL,FRENCH, EDWARDS, EVES, STIMPSON, GWYNNE, NASH.TUCKER, COWELL, SNELL and TUCKER

Offline RootsChat

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • RootsChat Administration
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 17 April 04 19:28 BST (UK) »

Have you followed Henry, Son of John in later Census returns.

In 1901 he is 38 years old still living in Bridport but now following after is father as a licensed Victualler.

Again George Eves children are also showing on the 1901 census.

Hopefully it will show the children which will help you trace any descendants of these.

www.census.pro.gov.uk

RootsChat :)
Broken Links: Please report to us of any links that no longer work, or ones that are no longer appropriate by clicking the "Report to moderator" link on the message. Thanks! Get Poster